What's most important to me? In order: my kids, fitness, traveling. Have two boys (with half-time custody) and my world revolves around them. They are so cool, and it is amazing to be a dad. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
Fitness, huh? I'll start off by saying that I've always been the tall skinny kid. I'm lucky to have a great metabolism, but no matter what I did in the gym, nothing seemed to put any muscle on my frame. Discovered P90X a year ago, and it's changed my life. Not where I want to be, muscular-wise, but certainly getting there. Love being comfortable in my body for the first time in my life and how great it feels to take my shirt off at the pool or beach (and not be embarrassed).
Travel is a huge passion of mine, and I enjoy doing a lot of it—cities, the mountains, beaches, wherever. Love Brazil, Hawaii, Hong Kong, London, San Francisco, Montana, Santiago, lots of varied places. Eager to see Bora Bora, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Dubai, the list goes on.
Totally a glass-half-full sort of person.
I have a pretty wacked-out sense of humor and am reasonably outgoing. I'm the "talent" for a lot of videos for work (stretching the word talent a lot here), have done community theater, murder mystery improv stuff, etc. Like keeping active and doing outdoor things with the kids. Also have always been really fascinated with urban planning and related issues. Don't watch a lot of TV, but was a huge LOST fan, now enjoying True Blood. Probably watch CNN more than anything.
Still new at being out, but it has been a great experience coming out at this point in my life.
Some random things about me:
* I've ridden on the Goodyear Blimp.
* I enjoy cooking.
* Although my hair is brown, I'm a bit of a ginger on the facial hair. ;-)
* Have written two novels (not published yet) written in a similar style to Dean R. Koontz. Working on re-editing the 2nd one and may self-publish it.
* I've interviewed Ivanka Trump over the phone, and she was a hoot. Brilliant, too.
* Used to love to do landscape and city skyline photography when I was younger.
* I've seen 2 total solar eclipses. One in Baja California in 1991 and one from a cruise ship near Curacao in the southern Caribbean in 1998. Indescribable experiences.
* I have a great voice for public speaking (and love doing it), but I cannot sing worth a damn.