Remote Northern Camping Trip.
Vote him Man of the Day
Member since: 04/22/10
Last active: 05/23/13
Profile updated: 02/08/13
Direct link: http://www.realjock.com/Lanter
First location: Springfield, Pennsylvania, United States
Second location: Lincoln, Maine, United States
Travel location: State College, Pennsylvania, United States
Relationship Status: Single
Looking for: Friends, Online Chat
MY STATS AND INFO
My gym: Gym at Park (Ask me to clarify if you want)
Sports I like: Cycling, Hiking, Kayaking, Running, Surfing, Swimming
Other sports I like: I run several miles everyday outside, rain or shine, September to May. I swim laps from June to August.
HIV status: HIV -
Safer sex?: Always
Hi, thanks for visiting. First of all, I don't believe in labels. Sexuality is so complex that it sickens me when people try and categorize others. If you really thought of all the different elements associated with sexuality, I would probably qualify as gay, straight, bi, & asexual all together, thus my point being be who you are and the general public can take it or leave it.
I always like meeting new people. I believe that everyone can teach you something, even if you don't enjoy the lesson. Some of my best friends are friends because we're opposites and have nothing in common. By nature I am pretty independent and enjoy my alone time greatly. I have come to realize however that I have had close friends around during all of the highest points in my life. I'm wondering now if there is correlation...
I like outdoor activities, even if its just the shore. I'll swim in the ocean through October. I also go Hiking, Kayaking, Biking, exploring, etc. I travel a lot. I'm slowly getting back into camping. I was driving through Canada and Northern Maine a few months ago and realized when touring some of the old campgrounds that a part of me misses the "whole" outdoor experience. I think driving is better than flying, not because I don't like planes, but cause I think people are in too much of a hurry and it disconnects you from your surroundings. There are so many amazing places to visit, and most are overlooked. The more rural the better, but I can appreciate the cities and I'm from the suburbs. I have a 500+ mile loop that I'm always ready to visit. Anyway, I always enjoy sharing stories about my travels and life.
When not traveling, I run several miles every day. I run on trails through the woods, not on a treadmill at the gym ;) Physically I'd say I have the body type somewhere between a runner and a swimmer, but I honestly haven't thought about it too much. I'm part English, Italian, and Indian so I'm naturally thin.
I also strongly believe in giving back to those who are less fortunate. I run a charity that feeds the needy and I love meeting all of the different people. In this economy, I see people ranging from the homeless to the former millionaires who still live in their mansions. One day I say I am going to write a book about my experiences and tell the story of all the clients I help, but I'll be shocked if I ever get the time to do it.
As a result of my involvement with helping those in need, I have sort of become an "unofficial" counselor. Its not something I went about intentionally, but it sort of just happened. (The way a lot of things have in my life) From that I've become a good listener and have talked to people in all sorts of situations and problems. It always amazes me the sorts of hardships some people face.
So if any of this sounds interesting or you want to chat about something else, or even if your just looking for travel advice, feel free to message me.
I've been more places, and eventually I'll update the maps.
visited 21 states (42%)Create your own visited map of The United States
or Free iphone travel guide
visited 5 states (38.4%)Create your own visited map of Canada
GUYS I'M LOOKING TO MEET
Not sure what I'm looking for now. I don't tend to like games, and I'm NOT here for hookups. Just looking for friends to chat or what ever, as long as its a decent conversation. I enjoy learning about different places and meeting new people. I believe things happen for a reason so ask if you want more...
Things I don't like:
- Egos (I know how to stroke them and I know how to deflate them;)
- Drunkenness (If you want to have a drink that's fine, but getting totally wasted shows a lack of self control)
- Smoking (I can smell an ashtray from 100 yards away. I will admit though, some of my best friends smoke, so I its not an entire deal breaker)
- Unsolicited Advice (You can suggest things, but don't flat out try and tell me that you somehow are more familiar and know whats best for me in my life better than I do)
- People who talk down to others (I am in several positions of authority in my organizations. I go to extreme lengths to go out of my way to not sound authoritative or bossy. I don't like it when I see it happen to others, or experience it on either side)
- Judgmental people (Lets face it, they don't care about changing their minds or opinions so arguing isn't worth it.)
- People who talk with "assumed authority" (Respect is earned, not demanded)
- Self-centeredness (You don't have to always think about and put others first, but at least make an effort to remember others besides yourself)
- I"ll add more as I think of them
Things I like:
- Its not that I don't have anything I like, I just didn't have time to write up this section yet. Check back soon.
This member currently has no videos.
HIS MUTUAL BUDDIES
RECENT FORUM POSTS