I'm 28.5 and moved to the Twin Cities just over four years ago - really enjoying being here so far. I'm decently well travelled, having grown up in Ireland until 18 and spent the time since in the UK and the USA. (Apart from living in Minneapolis, I tried NYC for a year; it wasn't for me at the time, but I'd move back if I had enough money to avoid some of the hassle.)
Bullet points? Sure.
- I'm here working on my PhD in Biology. I like it a lot.
- I definitely live in my head, and really enjoy having people around who can draw me out of it.
- I love to run, and I'm getting better at keeping regular with P90X. In the year or so that I've been doing it, I've gone from being almost unable to do the workouts to getting through them relatively easily. Body-change-wise, what I've seen has been fairly modest, but I guess I'm in it for the long haul. Working out is for sure the best stress reliever out there. And I started snowboarding last year. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm looking forward to winter.
- I'm boring as hell if I have nothing in common with you. That's neither my fault nor your fault.
- I think it's genuinely difficult to make good gay friends - drawing the line between someone you're dating and someone you want to be friends with in a natural way is difficult to maneuver.
- It pisses me off when people get negative about the gay community. The idea that there are no good people out there is useless to me.
- My headphones are glued to my ears all day at work. I like a lot of different stuff.