Have you YouTubed lately? Here at RealJock, we're pleased to announce our new and improved member video system, which uses YouTube's technology to enable you to easily port any, some, or all of your YouTube videos to your RealJock profile, and easily add just about any video in just about any format using YouTube's awesome technology. Best of all, you'll notice we're now featuring RealJock member videos on our homepage; this is a great way to highlight videos you think other members will find interesting.
RealJock Video Now Uses YouTube Technology
To get started, head to the RealJock Video Manager page. You'll be prompted to log in to your YouTube account. Follow that link and enter your YouTube login (or create a new YouTube account). Note you'll see a pink warning box—click the Allow Access button to allow YouTube to connect your YouTube account to your RealJock account.
As soon as you connect, you'll be returned to the RealJock Video Manager and will not have to log in to YouTube again. Notice you'll see thumbnails for all of your existing YouTube videos there. You're now ready to add these videos to your RealJock profile, manage your YouTube videos, or upload new videos to YouTube and RealJock, right from your RealJock profile.
Importing Your Existing YouTube Videos
When you sign in to YouTube from the RealJock Video manager, the system automatically adds all of your existing YouTube videos to your RealJock Video Manager. This does not mean your videos are now added to your RealJock profile. To add one of your existing YouTube videos to your RealJock profile, follow these steps:
- In the RealJock Video Manager, find the video(s) you want to add to your RealJock profile and/or highlight on the RealJock homepage. Click the Edit button below the video thumbnail.
- If you want the video to show on your RealJock profile, click the "Display on my profile" checkbox.
- If you want the video to show on the left-hand side of the RealJock homepage, click the "Feature on homepage" check box.
- Click the Save Changes button. The system will automatically make the selected changes.
To upload a new video to your profile on RealJock, follow these steps:
- In the RealJock Video Manager, click the Add New Video button.
- Follow the instructions on the following page, adding a title, description, YouTube category, and tags. You'll also be asked whether or not you want to display a live link to your RealJock profile in the description of this video on YouTube. Click the Save New Video button.
- On the next page, upload your video. Note: When you upload this video, it will be uploaded to both YouTube and your RealJock profile. Videos uploaded on RealJock are defaulted to show on your RealJock profile and on the RealJock homepage. Click the Edit video button in the Video Manager to change these settings.
- All videos uploaded to the RealJock system are subject to YouTube's content guidelines and terms of service.