oops....sorry about that....I did not realize that...
Save OHDAP - Ohio’s HIV Drug Assistance Program
Call to Action: August 26
We are asking everyone to call Governor Strickland at (614) 466-3555 on August 26 and tell him to fill the funding gap in OHDAP – it’s the difference between living with HIV and dying with AIDS.
* July 1, severe cuts were made to the Ohio HIV Drug Assistance Program (OHDAP) to plug a projected $16.4 million deficit.
* Despite implementing a waiting list, reducing the number of approved medications available to clients, aggressive pursuit of rebates, revising eligibility requirements and eliminating some services, there is still an estimated $5 – 7 million funding gap.
* If this gap is not addressed, funding for the entire OHDAP program will run out in early 2011.
Please contact Gov. Strickland on August 26 by calling (614) 466-3555 or emailing email@example.com
Tell his office: “I am calling to ask Governor Strickland to fill the funding gap in the Ohio HIV Drug Assistance Program - It is the difference between living with HIV and dying of AIDS.”
The cuts to OHDAP eligibility affect those who are working middle class and those who are healthy - individuals who make over 300% of the federal poverty line or with a T cell count above 500. Find out more about OHDAP cuts and current eligibility guidelines
Want to do more? Help spread the word:
* Post this action alert to your Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter accounts.
* Email this action alert to your contacts list
* Download the action flyer and canvass your neighborhood
* Write a letter to the editor of your local paper