Thanks, guys. Your kind words mean a lot to me. I apologize in advance for the long posting....
Lulu update: they put a feeding tube through her nose yesterday but she has still been vomiting. Each morning, I call first thing when I wake up to see if she made it through the night. The vet this morning said she's on three different medications for her nausea and they will be giving me a call later this morning with a full update.
Her main vet told me yesterday she arranged for us to be able to see her at least. Although she's in isolation, they will hold her up to the glass. I just want her to know we haven't abandoned her since we took her there at 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning. She's in isolation because the virus is so contagious. The main thing is she's still alive and made it through one more day. I still can't believe the shelter we got her from, Animal Haven, hasn't even called to see how she's doing. She was rescued from a puppy mill in Missouri and brought to NYC with three of her siblings. We did a lot of research before choosing Animal Haven - they came highly recommended and had many positive reviews. However, all of this could have been avoided. They neglected to give us her medication when we adopted her and didn't even tell us she was on medication. When I called them to tell them her symptoms and ask if we should take her to a vet, they asked if we were giving her her meds. I said, "No one told us she was on meds." They asked what we were feeding her and I said the food they sold us and advised us to use. The woman I talked to said, "That food is too rich for her, you shouldn't be giving her that." I also asked them twice if we should take her to the vet and they said we didn't need to. I'm glad I trusted my gut instinct and didn't listen to them. When I left the house on Saturday morning, I had to have my partner hold her because she was attacking my shoes when I walked. When I came home that afternoon she was very lethargic. We monitored her very closely...she wouldn't eat and would lie down in her bed. We were going to wait and see how she did the next day, but I finally decided we needed to take her to the hospital right away. I'm so glad I did.
I've since found that parvo is very common in dogs rescued from the south. Dogs are not safe from getting it, even with vaccination, until 16 weeks of age (Lulu is now 9 weeks). The mother may not have been vaccinated either, so would not have passed along some immunity to the puppies. I found out Lulu and all of her siblings, which have been adopted, had diarrhea and vomiting - one of the main symptoms of parvo (along with lethargy). They should have all been tested several times and not given up for adoption till they were older. I just hope Animal Haven's negligence didn't kill Lulu and all of the other dogs she came in contact with at the shelter.
As you can guess, I'm very pissed off at them right now and will be taking action once we (hopefully) have Lulu home safe with us. I've already been talking with a lawyer friend and other shelter owners.
By the way, blue_ahli, your caption gave me a laugh I really needed!
Thank you all for pulling for Lulu.