But see, why do I always have to be the one to make an initiative? In the past, when I've felt this way for a guy after a hookup, everything sort of deteriorated after that first call (I made), and we never saw each other again.
I didn't understand why because there was intense mutual attraction between us, and both expressed interest in hanging out.
While I admit that this current guy is a crazy catch, so am I, and I want to be pursued for once. Its just that we are really compatible, and in six years of dating I have never met someone so like myself:
1. He's 26, I'm 24
2. Were both very physically attractive and have toned/lean bodies we want to work on (I've always felt people of similar attractiveness do better together).
3. Both career ladder-climbing professionals.
4. Similar interests
5. Grew up in same state, now living in Austin
6. Both come from affluent families
7. Both each other's "type"
8. Similar personalities...conversation just flows
Like I said, the chemistry is unbelievable. I'm not looking to date him yet, but in my past experiences, mitigating a social relationship after a hookup can be really hard.
I don't want to rush this, it just needs to happen naturally. I hope he sees in me what I do in him.