Any Tips on Staying Defined?

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Sep 11, 2010 3:20 PM GMT
    I think everyone has something that works for them that not everyone knows about or impliments regarding their fitness and staying defined. Whats your secret weapon? (it won't be so secret anymore)

    I'm looking for tips that don't involve to much cardio, I'm lazy icon_biggrin.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Sep 11, 2010 3:56 PM GMT
    (1) Diet
    (2) diet
    (3) interval training (either as cardio or by doing "interval circuits" when lifting: some of the body weight routines I used to do were intense cardio as well as hard lifting)
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Sep 11, 2010 4:07 PM GMT
    Whatever you are doing works just fine. You are insanely ripped!
  • Space_Cowboy_...

    Posts: 3738

    Sep 11, 2010 4:09 PM GMT
    Yes come over I'll show you ;)
  • slimnmuscly

    Posts: 557

    Sep 11, 2010 5:04 PM GMT
    I agree the OP needs to share his own tips. Damn.

    I'm someone who tends to have a harder time bulking up than getting lean. Before I joined a gym 10 years ago I weighed 135 lbs. standing 6 feet. So there's that.

    Not that long ago I made a conscious effort to get bigger and weighed as much as 195. I probably looked better in clothes than I ever have, but some of that was definitely fat. I enjoyed being "big" by my standards but when my workload at the office dramatically increased and it became I obvious I'd have to skip gym days more often, l decided I'd rather stop focusing on getting bigger and try to get lean without losing much of the muscle and strength I'd gained.

    It's been a breeze. I'm still getting leaner since my profile pic was taken about a month ago. I don't do cardio. The main things that have helped as far as I can tell are 1) taking extra rest days, but eating light on those days and 2) making a point of having cheat-meal days every 4-5 days. I think they really do keep your metabolism up, plus it makes sticking to your diet the rest of the week easier because the chance to eat Tex-Mex (typically my cheat meal of choice) is never that far off. I think I actually had a harder time getting or staying defined when I was more update about watching every bite of food I ate.

    Those are my lazy-man's tips.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Sep 11, 2010 6:09 PM GMT
    I think it helps steering clear of overeating, self-indulgent people. I have acquaintances who think happy hours have to be loaded with fries and beer -- and that in a country where (healthy) food is inexpensive and available all year. They will literally go the extra mile just to go the next junk food restaurant, when healthy food shops are present in almost every block selling juices of every fruit you can imagine with healthy snacks to match.

    Like the poster above I do no cardio and I have a harder time gaining weight than losing it, so I think genes are 90% of the reason. The other 10% are a healthy lifestyle.