BODY LANGUAGE(S)

  • alphatop

    Posts: 1955

    Oct 18, 2010 9:26 PM GMT
    What do you think about body language?

    Do you "speak" and understand body language?

    How do you know when someone is lying, telling the truth, have secret agendas, love you, dislike you?


    C'mon guys...Hit meicon_smile.gif
  • alphatop

    Posts: 1955

    Oct 18, 2010 9:30 PM GMT
    I, for one, know when someone is quilty or lying by myself. When I was a liar ( previuos life ), I could never look in persons eyes ( the one that I am lying to ). Also, couldn't remember lots of stuff that I said. There is a Chinese proverb that says
    IF YOU ARE TELLING THE TRUTH, YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING.

    And now I don't remeber anything, cause I am telling the truth, and truth only, no matter how bad it might look.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Oct 18, 2010 9:30 PM GMT
    I replied with body language. Let me know if I need to repeat it. icon_razz.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Oct 18, 2010 9:59 PM GMT
    You'll have your looks, your pretty face! And DON'T underestimate the importance of booooody laaanguage, HAH!
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Oct 18, 2010 10:35 PM GMT
    80% of our communication is non-verbal. The other 20% is made up of spectral cues processed in the temporal lobe.
    I still believe there are honest people in this world, but I've also been let down many of times too.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Oct 18, 2010 10:41 PM GMT
    Why do you think every thread on here degenerates into some juvenile name calling and such? We have no Body Language and worse...no 'tonal inflection' to perceive how the speaker meant something.

    someone will inevitably make a smartass comment about this, too.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Oct 19, 2010 12:15 AM GMT
    StudlyScrewRite said Why do you think every thread on here degenerates into some juvenile name calling and such? We have no Body Language and worse...no 'tonal inflection' to perceive how the speaker meant something.

    someone will inevitably make a smartass comment about this, too.


    If body language deteriorates into something juvenile, does that equate to a fist fight?
  • bolero_of_fir...

    Posts: 551

    Oct 19, 2010 12:17 AM GMT
    Ciarsolo saidYou'll have your looks, your pretty face! And DON'T underestimate the importance of booooody laaanguage, HAH!

    The men up there don't like a lot of blabber, they think a guy who gossips is a bore.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Oct 19, 2010 12:21 AM GMT
    bolero_of_fire said
    Ciarsolo saidYou'll have your looks, your pretty face! And DON'T underestimate the importance of booooody laaanguage, HAH!

    The men up there don't like a lot of blabber, they think a guy who gossips is a bore.


    Which I take to my advantage icon_twisted.gif Oh Eric, they certainly did not draw you straight.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Oct 19, 2010 3:39 AM GMT
    antonomad saidHow do you know when someone is lying, telling the truth, have secret agendas, love you, dislike you?


    I have brown-colored glasses. They highlight the bullshit with Blu-Blocker ® clarity.



    A key is to note disparity: message does not comport with posture, facial expression, gestures. Another is to shave the message with Occam's Razor.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Oct 19, 2010 3:49 AM GMT
    Body language is an important indicator as to how people may be feeling inside (despite what they may be saying). Leaders learn to be aware of subtle body language cues and to also avoid "closed", "aggressive", or other negative body language.

    There is also the Facial Action Coding System used by some mental health specialists and other professionals in order to discern if someone may be telling lies, or is under duress.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Oct 19, 2010 3:52 AM GMT
    My body language here says "I fucking hate my smile, so I'm just gonna stare at the damn lens till the beeping stops."
    70638_676423.jpg