Militant_JockSeeing as I am a Vin Diesel fan, as well as a fan of his character Riddick, I know the answer to the anime.
The Riddick anime is titled "Dark Fury". It's mostly fan-fare that provides a short story that loosely links the end of "Pitch Black" to the beginning of "Chronicles of Riddick".
I can't remember it coz it was a long time ago since I last saw it.
I hate the recent adaptations of Marvel's heroes into the big screen. X-men was so disappointing.
I've been dying to see V for Vendetta for years.
Can't fin it in the *$@# video rentals here though.
I SOOO want to see a Half-Life movie!
Maybe the guys at Valve are just afraid it'll get the same treatment as many of the video game franchises that went to the movies - they'll suck and then get forgotten. They'll be right anyways. A sucky movie will stick on the game's name and ruin it.
For movies from books...The Notebook
, bleh never really liked the book. The movie was decent though.Harry Potter
- the movies were sooooo disappointing. I think it actually made me stay off the last 2 books I haven't read yet.Earthsea trilogy
- the TV adaptation was good. But Ursula K. LeGuin reputedly didn't like it.Lord of the Rings trilogy
- lovely. The locations were fantastic. There were some disparities with the book though. Saruman pronouncing Sauron as 'Saw-ron' for instance. HeheThe Exorcist
- never seen the movie. But read the book
... and its sequel - Legion
LOLWar of the Worlds
- if that can be considered an adaptation. LOL Sucked I guess.The Bicentennial Man
- Asimov's original short story made me appreciate the movie even more. Battlestar Galactica
- ugh.Star Wars
- the video game adaptations of the movies are quite decent. Knights of the Old Republic really rocked though.The Cat in the Hat
- LOL. I read Dr. Seuss a lot when I was younger. The film was awesome. Pride & Prejudice
- I actually liked the movie more. I tried to read the novel when I was younger but gave up because the English was too archaic. LOL. Bourne trilogy
- I was an avid Ludlum fan when I was in high school. But I can't for the love of me, remember a single word from the Bourne books (which I really did read). The movies were awesome though.Jurassic Park
- I loved Crichton once. I don't anymore. heh. I have since realized how ridiculous it was to weave in Chaos theory along with a book about dinosaurs. Still, it was great to see dinosaurs on film.Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- The movie was great. I haven't read the books, nor listened to the radio show though.Sphere
- one of the books of Micheal Crichton I still love. The movie was okay, but unless you've read the book, you wouldn't understand one single word in it. LOL
anyway... lots more but meh... later maybe...