Impossible to rate the many great days, but the more memorable have to do with people and possessions:
- my first wedding, a spectacular affair with a full orchestra, married by a Papal representative, perfect June weather, just incredible and out of a fairy tale.
- my 17th birthday, getting my driver's permit that morning (earliest age for it in my home state), my father taking me to a car dealer that afternoon and buying me a brand new car, cash, all mine (well, legally registered to him because of my age), 0 miles on it, and my driving it home myself with him.
- my first trip to Disney World Orlando with my future first wife, on a motorcycle of all things.
- my first motorcycle, right after my first car, and all the other days I bought my subsequent bikes over the years, and first rode them.
- first time on a gay club dance floor (actually a night, that ended a great day), with a hunky guy to die for I had just moved in with, nearly fainting from the rush.
- my first trip riding down the Florida Keys to Key West in 1973, on a motorcycle in winter when the rest of the country was freezing, and thinking I had died and gone to Paradise.
- my promotion ceremony to Army Colonel
- meeting my first (late) partner
- meeting my second (current) partner
OK, enough, this list could continue for pages. I could never choose from among the great days I've had. Each one different, each one wonderful, but more importantly, that I can recall them and enjoy the memories.