Weight Train to lose fat? (Fitness model video)

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 11, 2011 8:36 PM GMT

    Is weight training any good for losing fat?

    since this fitness model i've been following seems to think so and he has an ok body....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW6hAbrGIkg&feature=feedlik

    or should you concentrate more on cardio???

    any helps great guys x
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 12, 2011 4:52 AM GMT
    Adding lean muscle mass is the best way to burn fat. Clean diet and good nutrtion are absolutely essential -- I am learning that the hard way!
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 16, 2011 11:19 AM GMT
    i prefer yoga excercise to lose weight because it have some great technique that can help us to reduce stomach fat.i also do excercise llike yoga at my home.because i think it is better then to go gym and doing workout there.at home you can do excercise according to your time and according to your health.and the most important thing while we do excercise we need fresh air.because if you do workout in fresh air.you will get the result fastly.i do yoga at my home.because i think yoga is a best excercise to lose fat.two months back i am also a fat boy but now i have a perfect body just because of yoga.it can help me to lose stomach fat and belly fat.thus i will get it.so i suggest all the people to do yoga.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 21, 2011 3:22 AM GMT
    Cardio (and a sensible diet, of course) is good for losing weight. There's no doubt about that. However, tons of cardio with no weight training will likely result in you losing muscle as well as fat, which results in "skinnyfat" syndrome.

    Weight training firms you up and adds muscle to your body (providing you are eating correctly). More muscle in your body increases your metabolic rate, which will help with fat loss and helps you maintain that fat loss in the long run.

    Both cardio and weight training should be included in a solid fitness plan. But, do not discount the need for a great diet. What you eat is just as important as the workout (perhaps even more).
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 21, 2011 11:11 AM GMT
    Honestly....you are what you eat. 70% is diet and the other 30% is exercise. Your body will start burning muscle away before it starts burning fat, if you don't work the muscles and exercise.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 21, 2011 12:58 PM GMT
    You have to eat the same amount of calories that you are spending.
    Maybe he just goes at the gym,doesnt do cardio,but lives an active lifestyle.
    If you work 9-5, then go one hour at the gym, then come back home and sit on the couch it won't work.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 22, 2011 9:52 AM GMT
    he´s right.
    (1) Diet
    (2) lift
    (3) Cardio

    in that order. (3) may not even be necessary

    (NB "cardio" here being gym cardio... you obviously need to move around to keep your heart healthy)
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 15, 2011 1:36 PM GMT
    looking fot the best way to lose weight.i suggest you to do excercise like yoga.i also do excercise llike yoga at my home.because i think it is better then to go gym and doing workout there.at home you can do excercise according to your time and according to your health.and the most important thing while we do excercise we need fresh air.because if you do workout in fresh air.you will get the result fastly.i do yoga at my home.because i think yoga is a best excercise to lose fat.two months back i am also a fat boy but now i have a perfect body just because of yoga.it can help me to lose stomach fat and belly fat.thus i will get it.so i suggest all the people to do yoga.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 25, 2011 4:08 AM GMT
    Many so-called "health foods" are actually cleverly disguised junk foods that can actually stimulate you to gain more belly fat... yet the diet food marketing industry continues to lie to you so they can maximize their profits.We can lose fat when our body is more inclined to burn tummy fat rather than carbohydrates or protein, such as when glycogen levels (muscles sugar reserves) are low and the body is forced to use greater amounts of fat for fuel. The best exercise for each body type at the right time, a pyramid style of calorie ingested during a day, the correct macro nutrients ratio for each meal and meal frequency are more examples of timing which can boost fat loss without the necessity of reducing calorie intake, with the right timing you can tap into stored fat much quicker.