I live in San Francisco and love it....but also love visiting
Los Angeles for a long weekend.
I have often contemplated moving to LA for change...but havent done it..yet.
here are some random thoughts for what they're worth.
1. Los Angeles is a BIG BIG BIG City and without a car, its virtually impossible to navigate- which isn't true for San Francisco.
2. San Francisco is more expensive, but you will save $$ by not having a car. About 200-300$ per month I reckon, which can pay for the higher rent.
3. I prefer the heat of LA, but fear that I might get tired of it after a couple of months.
4. The smog / air quality in LA, not a big fan off, especially after visiting from SF.
5. The men in Los Angeles are very good looking, or atleast the ones I've seen/met. Not so much WEHO, but shirtless jocks on Venice beach.
I'd have a hard time getting any sex
In SF...its easy(ier) Maybe thats not so good either.
6. People, non LA people, often say they Angelions are shallow/ vapid/ superficial- but I cant comment on that- and feel thats a bit of a generalization.
7. In general, and i might be biased, I feel the folks in San Francisco are more polite better conversationalists, but maybe there is no truth in that opinion.