Jun 22, 2011 4:55 AM GMT
...on where to stay and things to do? (My friend and I will be driving up from Seattle on a Thursday and leaving that Sunday.)
Vancouverite2004 saidSome suggestions:Definitely! Try and hit the botanical gardens there in Victoria as well!
1. Do the Grouse Grind (early morning is best)
2. Richmond Night Market
3. Experience the food here. Some great neighborhoods for food: Robson/Denman (great sushi places); Commercial Drive (Italian; Latin American); Richmond (for Asian food)
4. Granville Island (especially the public market)
5. Stanley Park/Seawall
6. Davie Street (the "gay" district)
7. If time allows, consider a ferry ride to Victoria, which would be a nice day trip.
In terms of where to stay, it really depends on your budget. Something central/downtown would obviously be ideal.
Tazo995 saidEat sushi.
TR_Latitude10 saidI stayed at the Listel Hotel on Robson and had a great stay. The live jazz every night was quite good. It's a great location too.