P90X


  • Jun 27, 2011 3:36 AM GMT
    So I'm getting ready to start the program. I'll admit that I'm a little nervous. Does anyone have any testimonials or suggestions?
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 27, 2011 3:46 AM GMT
    it's a very good program, but don't let yourself miss a day or you will not finish.
  • Obese

    Posts: 26

    Jun 27, 2011 5:47 AM GMT
    Ya on youtube there's a ton. It works, you just have to make sure you do it everyday. Here's a pretty cool website with some extra meals, suggestions, etc http://myp90xnutritionplan.com/
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 27, 2011 5:55 AM GMT
    field123 saidit's a very good program, but don't let yourself miss a day or you will not finish.


    Very true. I started doing it late last year, and completed four days. Then i missed a workout and it was hard to jump back on. I'm hoping to get cleared by my doc to start exercising again in the next few weeks.icon_biggrin.gif
  • squash4dave

    Posts: 180

    Jun 27, 2011 5:57 AM GMT
    My friend used it and liked it a lot. And he said that it was tough. But, to be honest, I really didn't see any change in him. But, I don't think that he really followed the diet. If you don't, I don't think that you will see a big change, but you'll probably be more fit. Then again he's OLD(er) than me, even. LOL
  • Bunjamon

    Posts: 3161

    Jun 27, 2011 6:05 AM GMT
    Start off slower and with less intensity or you will burn out after one week. Work yourself up to their speed and their number of reps gradually.
  • heymikey

    Posts: 24

    Jun 27, 2011 7:16 AM GMT
    I am also about to try it. My sis downloaded it from bit torrent (yeah, I know that's bad). For those who have tried it, does it build muscle mass, or is the program just for burning fat?

    I'd like to do both -- gain muscle and lose fat. Wil P90x help with that?

  • Jun 27, 2011 2:45 PM GMT
    Mostly I want to burn off the fat. Then I'll aim for building the lean muscle. I'm worried about the diet because I'm on the university meal plan, and I'm hoping that the D-Hall will have some options for me haha.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 27, 2011 4:32 PM GMT
    bboy55 saidMostly I want to burn off the fat. Then I'll aim for building the lean muscle.
    You'll regret that, because building muscle is way more time-consuming than losing fat. The better option would be to eat a bulking diet for a week, cutting diet for a week, and continue alternating till you reach your goal. That way you don't get too thin and start bitching about how hard it is to build muscle.

    bboy55 saidI'm worried about the diet because I'm on the university meal plan, and I'm hoping that the D-Hall will have some options for me haha.
    Now that will definitely be an issue, because food is the most important part of bulking and cutting. Be sure to research everything you eat to make sure it's what you need.

  • Jun 27, 2011 6:33 PM GMT
    "Now that will definitely be an issue, because food is the most important part of bulking and cutting. Be sure to research everything you eat to make sure it's what you need."

    We have an on-site nutritionist so I'm going to run everything by her once the school year starts up. Mid-August is when I'm going to start the program.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 28, 2011 12:14 AM GMT
    paulflexes saidThe better option would be to eat a bulking diet for a week, cutting diet for a week...


    Do you have an example or a link explaining what you mean?
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 28, 2011 12:29 AM GMT
    PowerFade said
    paulflexes saidThe better option would be to eat a bulking diet for a week, cutting diet for a week...


    Do you have an example or a link explaining what you mean?
    No link, and the only example I have is my own experience.
    A bulking diet (for me) is basically eating more of the same in order to take in more calories than my body needs.
    A cutting diet is the opposite.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 29, 2011 5:20 PM GMT
    ...I removed a post about some misinformation and a mistaken identity about Tony Horton...
  • corkboi

    Posts: 3

    Jun 29, 2011 5:26 PM GMT
    Not the same Tony Horton
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 29, 2011 5:43 PM GMT
    Now I'm embarrased.


    I just totally didn't see that after I went to the Christian site and saw the pictures of the gay-hater Tony Horton.


    I apologize to the P90x Tony Horton now.

    wow...

    icon_redface.gif

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 29, 2011 5:52 PM GMT
    Obese saidYa on youtube there's a ton. It works, you just have to make sure you do it everyday. Here's a pretty cool website with some extra meals, suggestions, etc http://myp90xnutritionplan.com/



    This is important, because I don't think you'll see the results you want without paying close attention to the nutrition program. That part of it takes at least as much commitment as the working out part. I'm wrapping up my second 90-day round and I'm positive that my results are because of the nutrition and the workouts in combination.



  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 29, 2011 6:00 PM GMT
    I would say that working out is 20% of getting in shape and eating right is the other 80%.

    icon_smile.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 29, 2011 6:57 PM GMT
    [quote][cite]DJBoston said[/cite]
    Obese saidYa on youtube there's a ton. It works, you just have to make sure you do it everyday. Here's a pretty cool website with some extra meals, suggestions, etc http://myp90xnutritionplan.com/

    This is important, because I don't think you'll see the results you want without paying close attention to the nutrition program. That part of it takes at least as much commitment as the working out part. I'm wrapping up my second 90-day round and I'm positive that my results are because of the nutrition and the workouts in combination.[/quote
    jaybros saidI would say that working out is 20% of getting in shape and eating right is the other 80%.
    icon_smile.gif
    agreed. You'll also learn to change your eating habits if you keep with it. Follow it by the book.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 29, 2011 7:03 PM GMT
    I did P90X for about 3 weeks and noticed my abs going away!

    I had to stop the program. The workouts I do with my workout partners are MORE intense than the P90X and it was making me lazy, and I was losing definition!!

    I think its good for the midwest beer belly guy to get in shape for sure. To get someone motivated who may not have a fitness base, it is amazing! But for someone who is already in shape and does high intensity workouts, its kind of a joke, and definitely not intense enough!
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 29, 2011 7:06 PM GMT
    bboy55 saidSo I'm getting ready to start the program. I'll admit that I'm a little nervous. Does anyone have any testimonials or suggestions?


    Ummm good luck...I lasted only 15 days haha
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 29, 2011 11:58 PM GMT
    Kanaka24 said
    Ummm good luck...I lasted only 15 days haha



    Shit, if I make it 15 days I will be thrilled!
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 30, 2011 2:01 AM GMT
    I push through it as best I can. I cannot do it in the hour or so period that the DVDs play. It usually takes me twice as long, but I DO finish it at my own pace.

    I think the point is... do your very best. If you miss a day, just do what you can. Remember, you don't have to be "perfect" in the program. And you're not a failure if you don't look like them by the end of the so-called 90 days. The whole point is mind-over-body and your commitment to yourself in this (or whatever) program you choose. Remember, change it up for yourself. It's best to follow what they've put together (at least the first time round).

    All the best!
  • GQjock

    Posts: 11649

    Jul 02, 2011 11:54 AM GMT
    I've done it in the past and it's a pretty good program
    A bit heavy on some areas and lacking on others

    But in the beginning take it slow .... try not to go all out the first week so you get the lay of the land
    and modify things if you can't do an exercise right away
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jul 02, 2011 12:10 PM GMT
    My boyfriends brother uses it and swears by it. He lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks. I am on the Insanity workout and seeing some progress as well.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jul 02, 2011 12:34 PM GMT
    gymguy1 saidMy boyfriends brother uses it and swears by it. He lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks. I am on the Insanity workout and seeing some progress as well.


    Are you going to get the T-shirt when you're done?