Happy reminders of my childhood and young adulthood:
* My 1970 blue Schwinn Stingray (bought with money I earned myself)
* My skateboards
* Ice cream trucks in my neighborhood ($.10 or $.15 usually)
* Great hamburgers & real malts at Dairy Belle Freeze
* Buying records & tapes from Tower Records
* Secret j.o parties in my attic with a few neighborhood buddies.
* A cassette tape deck in my first car - a used GTO
* Gas prices: $.42.9 (premium) and $.38.9 (regular)
* First apartment rent: $239. per month (for a good Palo Alto luxury apt.!)
* First salary right out of college: $26,000. per yr. (at Hewlett-Packard.)
Those were the days!