I recently (well, two nights ago
) wrote myself a list of lessons I learnt from a similar situation, this is long but I'm in a sharing mood so here it goes:
1. Never "all in" bet on another human being- you might just end up losing it all.
2. If someone breaks your heart, be the bigger person and don't try to break theirs back- it will just leaving you feeling like crap.
3. Don't take friendships for granted- sometimes they are enough all by themselves.
4. If you don't know how someone feels about you, forget about your pride and just ask.
5. Never allow someone you have feelings for to ride with you for 5 hours in a car with their new partner- its just awkward for everyone involved.
-and remove Paramore's Riot album from the car CD player, that just makes it worse.
6. If someone (you think has feelings for you) sends you a verbally abusive text message, never text back- confront them in person and make them explain themselves, and if they were really the individual who sent it- make sure they know what scum they are and tell them to at least have the courtesy to say how they really feel face-to-face to the next person they want to treat like garbage.
7. When all is said and done, cry, feel like crap for a couple of weeks then move on, don't waste years of your life replaying it all in your head trying to make sense of what happened and what went wrong- you'll just drive yourself crazy.
8. Finally, Never
circumstances put yourself through having to see them (socially if nothing else) or make contact with them again, No
good can come of any of it and you'll just get hurt all over again.
That's all of them, hopefully at least a couple of them can be of some help...