DudeInNOVA saidMaking the quitting process intimidating is exactly what they do to keep customers. [b][/b
Fight the power!
Okay reasons to stay.
1. The location (it's across the road from my office)
2. The hours (it's the latest opening of any gym in the city 10.30 weekdays, 8.30 weekends)
3. The cushyness of the spa facilities
Reasons to leave...
1. The price, it's going from €55($71) to €80 ($112)
2. The actual gym is neglected stating to get run down broken equipment, very dated and the gym trainers have told me they have given requesting upgrades that management want to focus on their bread and butter clients that are there to socialize and not workout.
3. The same demographic are starting to irritate me, they have the same 2 loud obnoxious conversations about the weather or the failings of the republican party while making racist and sexist slurs
4. They ripped out the stereo and play elevator music all the time, half the speakers are broken and they don't seem to care. The cheap florescent lights are broken and buzz and flicker too. They have pulled space from the main gym for a ladies only circuit gym and a ladies only weightlifting and toning area... sigh not my thing and nice to keep them out of the way but they have crammed everything into half the space and it's claustrophobic.
5. The management are douche-bags, they abuse the staff, have looked for excuses to kick out people that aren't white. I've held the door open for the MD and had him barge passed talking on his cell and smacked me with his briefcase.
6. They cut they're budget for gym cleaning. So it's no longer being cleaned after hours, they push a vacuum cleaner between my legs as I lift and it's deigned to look stylish and modern not for easy cleaning so the showers are clean... in a large circle in the center but the edges are growing slime.
7. The windows are broken or always open because the place is poorly ventilated as we head into winter that means the gym and changing rooms will be freezing.
8. Since it's really poorly maintained, and the staff paid minimum wage and abused...no one cares enough to bother to put ANYTHING back... a workout is like a scavenger hunt.
9. All of the above means I'm just not motivated towards progress in that environment any more.
10. This is not related to them but a retarded guy who used to workout there was obsessed with and harassing me was spreading rumors and nasty comments about me...
I could probably think of more but it's mostly things have changed... but nothing for the better and what was bad has just degraded more