Best Logic Question of All Time

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 1:23 PM GMT
    boomlogic.jpg
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 1:58 PM GMT
    And the answer is... Jennifer Lopez.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 2:10 PM GMT
    100%
  • nooceansleft

    Posts: 61

    Nov 01, 2011 2:12 PM GMT
    The only answer that isn't a paradox is zero percent, amiright?
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 2:24 PM GMT
    Yup. Stupid philosophy questions.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 2:31 PM GMT
    So technically you're picking a LETTER answer, not a percentage answer...

    SO if I randomly pick A,B,C, or D, given the assumption that one IS correct, my chances of being correct are 1/4 i.e. 25%... but since 25% is listed twice, i have a 50% chance, which makes B correct, which means 3/4 ... I give up.

    FRAKSHUNS R NOT UR FRIENDZicon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 2:35 PM GMT
    IIRC it's called 'Russel's Paradox'?
  • JockNerd

    Posts: 89

    Nov 01, 2011 2:47 PM GMT
    I don't think there is a way to answer this. The correct answer would be 1/4 if there were 4 discrete answers, but because one answer is repeated, you have either a 1/4 chance or a 1/2 chance. There's no way to tell which.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 2:57 PM GMT
    blunt_ saidAnd the answer is... Jennifer Lopez.


  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 3:00 PM GMT
    The answer may be a recipriversexcluson, number whose existence can only be defined as being anything other than itself.
  • kuroshiro

    Posts: 786

    Nov 01, 2011 3:03 PM GMT
    And the people that pose questions like this have no bearing on society in general. Too much time on their hands me thinks...
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 3:06 PM GMT
    Jeandeau saidSo technically you're picking a LETTER answer, not a percentage answer...

    SO if I randomly pick A,B,C, or D, given the assumption that one IS correct, my chances of being correct are 1/4 i.e. 25%... but since 25% is listed twice, i have a 50% chance, which makes B correct, which means 3/4 ... I give up.

    FRAKSHUNS R NOT UR FRIENDZicon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif


    Haha I was trying to use the same logic and just got confused as fuck. Thanks for Sharing OP I like this.
  • calibro

    Posts: 8888

    Nov 01, 2011 4:07 PM GMT
    actually, this isn't a logic but a combinatrics problem. think of it this way: i have four balls in a sack. 2 are red, 1 is green, 1 is blue. if you selected one at random without replacing the ball, what is the chance you could predict the color before you saw it? because the chance of predicting a red ball is fifty percent and the green and blue are each twenty-five, the overall chance is neither fifty nor twenty-five, which means the percentages on the board are actually not correct when you view the problem this way.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 4:11 PM GMT
    kuroshiro saidAnd the people that pose questions like this have no bearing on society in general. Too much time on their hands me thinks...


    INORITE

    Much like this question: http://www.realjock.com/gayforums/1917574/

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 8:01 PM GMT
    I have a 50% chance of choosing 25%, which is the wrong answer for A and D (but correct for B), and I have a 25% chance of choosing 50%, which is the correct answer for A and D (but wrong for B). Both are false, so the answer is none of the above, or not possible.
  • Import

    Posts: 7190

    Nov 01, 2011 8:06 PM GMT
    The answer is transubstantialism
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 8:28 PM GMT
    Now for some non-self referential trolling:

    abd-145.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 8:54 PM GMT
    This question makes me think of the way people rant about the term "masculine" on here.

    When you first read the question, of course 25% is your first answer... then you see that there are two answers of 25% so then you think the answer is 50%. Then you put a little more thought into it and and you're just not sure anymore.

    Just like when you read "masculine" you initially think "manly" or having characteristics of what a man is considered to be within pop culture. But then some of you start to over think it, and you get everyones minds tangled up and start some of the biggest flame wars I've ever seen on here.

    lol just what came into my mind when i saw this
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 9:59 PM GMT
    1/4 is the probability in the case that the answer didn't depend on the content of the answer choice. Since you would be correct if you chose a or d, the probability is a union, 1/4 + 1/4= 2/4= 50%. However, that makes the correct choice b but this is only the case for a scenario in which a and d are correct.
    There is no correct answer?
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 10:05 PM GMT
    None of the choices are correct.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 10:08 PM GMT
    Thats a pretty paradox... because in this case correct has more than one answer.. some of which are mutually exclusive...

    So IS there a correct answer?

    That is finally my question....

    Wouldnt it then be 0%. as there is no correct answer?
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 10:09 PM GMT
    kuroshiro saidAnd the people that pose questions like this have no bearing on society in general. Too much time on their hands me thinks...


    Pff.. go climb a tree
  • Bigolbear

    Posts: 528

    Nov 01, 2011 10:11 PM GMT

    There is a flaw in the questioning because "correct" isn't defined. If there is nothing defining what "correct" is then guessing in of it's self is futile. So to even take a guess is in a sense being incorrect. To not guess at all is 100% correct and in answering even this statement I end up back at 0% because I even participated.

    wargames-quote-not-to-play.jpg
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 10:11 PM GMT
    Bigolbear said
    There is a flaw in the questioning because "correct" isn't defined. If there is nothing defining what "correct" is then guessing in of it's self is futile. So to even take a guess is in a sense being incorrect. To not guess at all is 100% correct and in answering even this statement I end up back at 0% because I even participated.

    wargames-quote-not-to-play.jpg


    That was a SICK movie bro
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 01, 2011 11:29 PM GMT
    My chemistry teacher would post questions like these on her board. I never tried em because they made me feel stupid LOL. But now in Discrete Math this shit happens ALL THE TIME. And in Formal logic as well.

    So let me try it.

    First we have to set the guidelines. 4 answers given. You must choose at random.

    Question: Chances at getting the correct answer should you pick randomly.

    If you pick A. 25% that is wrong because if it is right you actually had a 50% chance of getting it right because of the another 25%, so it is not 25%. And if it wrong then it is wrong. LOL

    And if it is 50% that would mean B but that's incorrect because you in effect don't have 50% chance because there are 3 different answers so that gives each answer a probability of 33.33333...%.

    And that's not one of the answers so that's wrong.

    Then C is 60% but that can't be true because you have again a 33.333333...% chance of getting the right answer.

    So in reality none of the answers are correct should you chose from ALL 4.

    But should you lower your possible answer set to say 25% and 50%, A and B (C. 60% overruled by the fact that in an even amount of answer sets you will never get a 60% and the other 25% is out because it is already given.) Then the answer is B.

    Because if you chose A. 25% that's incorrect because there are only two answers, a 50-50 chance to get it right and 25% is not 50%. And so if you chose B. 50% you are correct because there are two possible answers each having a probability of 50%.

    So B.

    OMG am I right?1?!