That guy is such an embarrassment. He's riding off the old timers instead of trying to win new voters. He's just going to isolate the party from all the newly gained voters, especially the younger crowd. I'm most certainly not even entertaining the idea of voting his way.
If interested here are some of his policies (which differ from standard libertarian policies. Go figure)
(1) War on Drugs - Strong supporter.
(2) Medical Marijuana - Strongly against it.http://www.medicalmarijuanaprocon.org/BiosInd/Barr.htm
(3) Gay Marriage - Against it. (Funny now this DOMA thing comes along....)
(4) Against the Patriot Act and nearly every increase in power done under Bush.
(5) Against Freedom of Religion for Military Personal.http://www.reason.com/news/show/28960.html
# 1, 3, and 5 are the questionable ones. Seems to be more just pandering to the 50+ midwest set of voters. Very sad, looks like at least this season were not going to have much third party voting.