May 31, 2008 5:38 PM GMT
The initial plan for the unification of Canada, the United States, and Mexico was developed by a multinational task force of the Council on Foreign Relations.
North America is different from other regions of the world and must find its own cooperative route forward. A new North American community should rely more on the market and less on bureaucracy, more on pragmatic solutions to shared problems than on grand
Translation: The grand schemes of the patriots who created the United States are no longer relevant. It is more important to preserve wealth than to cherish the principles that created the greatest society in human experience.
Included in the details of the report:
* “…once unloaded from ships, containers may cross land borders within the region without the need for further inspections.” This puts US safety in the hands of inspectors in Mexico, who have a history of accepting bribes.
* “…a common security perimeter for North America…. a common security perimeter for North America … will require specific policy, statutory, and procedural changes in all three nations.” We will have completely sacrificed our sovereignty to set our own standards to the union. All a terrorist will have to do is get into Mexico and he is home free.
* “…common approaches toward international negotiations on the global movement of people, cargo, and vessels…” This would include common external trade tariffs set by the union, not by the member countries.
* “NORAD should evolve into a multiservice Defense Command that would expand the principle of Canadian-U.S. joint command to land and naval as well as air forces engaged in defending the approaches to North America.” So Canada and the United States would assume the defense burden, and include Mexico under the umbrella.
* “,,,a … North American Border Pass with biometric identifiers. This document would allow its bearers expedited passage through customs, immigration, and airport security throughout the region.” Free migration throughout the union with a biometric identification card — what a bonanza for terrorists and drug smugglers!
* “…increase labor mobility within North America…” What was that battle we just fought in the Senate?
* “…Implement the Social Security Totalization Agreement negotiated between the United States andMexico…”