Blocking people in the Forums

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 14, 2008 6:29 AM GMT
    A little bit contentious I know, but could the Block function be extended so that when it's used it blocks you from seeing that person's nutty right-wing opinions in the Forums.

    On other sites you can operate what's called mutual blocking and it works well and on here would ease my blood pressure.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 14, 2008 7:19 AM GMT
    Just ignore John. He knows not the self hating rhetoric that spews from his mouth!
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 14, 2008 8:12 AM GMT
    Who is this right-wing nut job? Post links where this supposed crazy guy talks crazy. I wanna read. =)
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 14, 2008 8:52 AM GMT
    He's the guy who seems to think it's ok to go hunting with an AK47 rifle. And thinks America's recession is because of too much state planning.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 14, 2008 9:54 AM GMT
    redheadguy saidHe's the guy who seems to think it's ok to go hunting with an AK47 rifle. And thinks America's recession is because of too much state planning.


    Um yeah....so again WHO is this guy? I need names and links so I can possibly flame. =)
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 14, 2008 10:04 AM GMT
    No offense, but who decides who is a right-wing nut job? Is not the beauty of these forums that everyone feels free to express their ideas? The extreme can be ignored, obviously, but is this just a forum to express like-minded ideas? Should I be afraid that I cannot contribute if I am left or right of center?

    I have always thought that a good idea will beat a bad idea. Let the marketplace of ideas decide. Democracy always beats tyranny.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 14, 2008 10:55 AM GMT
    Triggerman said Is not the beauty of these forums that everyone feels free to express their ideas?


    Hence redheadguy is allowed to express his idea that someone else is a nutty right-wing.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 16, 2008 10:10 PM GMT
    RedheadGuy,

    Viva la diference.

    If we all thought the same . . . well, OK... that's not going to work.icon_biggrin.gif

    How about, "whisper words of wisdom, let it be..."

    Charlie
  • GQjock

    Posts: 11649

    Jun 16, 2008 10:26 PM GMT
    Oh leave them be ... I say icon_wink.gif

    Posts from those right wing looney's is like watchin'
    the Wayan's Bros "Scarey Movie" for the first time

    First you get a little startled but then after a second or two

    ...You laugh your ass off icon_biggrin.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 16, 2008 10:28 PM GMT
    redheadguy saidHe's the guy who seems to think it's ok to go hunting with an AK47 rifle. And thinks America's recession is because of too much state planning.

    For every action there is an equal and opposing blah blah blah and so on...
    I figure one day John(obscure Bible verse reference) might actually read a book not listed on the James Dobbins sanctioned list, look beyond whaat his parrot repeats from listening to Foxs news all day, or possibly learn that "drink the Koolaid" originated with a right wing leader.
    As I've been smited for mis-paraphrasing Mr. Rove in the past, "too much education makes people into Democrats." Maybe one day he'll climb over the inflection point.

    God, I wish there was a spell check here.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jun 17, 2008 5:00 PM GMT
    I would never want to block someone's comment. Although I may disagree with 99% of what a person says, every so often I will come across the other 1% that makes me think or re-evaluate my position on a topic.

    I always want to keep learning and never want to arrive at a point in my life where I think I have learned everything that is useful.
  • Koaa2

    Posts: 1556

    Jun 17, 2008 5:40 PM GMT
    I guess it helps us to see just what is out there, and the importance of this next election. I can be very isolated as all my friends are gay liberals. If McCain is elected and we get another conservative on the Supreme Court we are all in trouble.

    I only wish the people who voted conservative, Republican, would be the only ones who feel the terrible effects of their vote.