Where are all/most of your frequent flier miles?

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 4:01 AM GMT
    Right now it's Delta, but I may have to switch now that I live in hub for United.
  • drypin

    Posts: 1798

    Jan 22, 2012 8:10 AM GMT
    Ours are in Lufthansa, but we used most of them to travel business class to the States over the holidays.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 2:10 PM GMT
    United
  • a303guy

    Posts: 829

    Jan 22, 2012 2:18 PM GMT
    I'm 90% with United - the other 10% is with US Scareways.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 2:28 PM GMT
    United... 60k

    I cashed out 300k almost from American 2 years ago

    Cashed 50k out of United last April (actually it was continental)

    Kind of pissed... I'd be well on my way to 1/2 million if American hadn't pulled out of my home town
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 2:40 PM GMT
    Delta and usairways, the latter of the two suck but i had a connection there and had free flights =p
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 2:54 PM GMT
    British Airways. I got a BA Visa card back in the 90s and started saving for a flight on the Concorde...
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 3:24 PM GMT
    MikeOnMain saidBritish Airways. I got a BA Visa card back in the 90s and started saving for a flight on the Concorde...


    ..and how's that coming along? icon_cool.gif

    I am a Oneworlder
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 3:39 PM GMT
    Sigh. Used to be elite on Delta for 14 years. But now that I live in San Francisco, it was such a pain in the ass to have to hub through LAX or SLC for short hops that I bit the bullet and switched to United.

    I managed to make Premier in 2011. Whew!

    Now Rhapsody in Blue keeps going through my mind.


  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 3:39 PM GMT
    British Airways
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 3:41 PM GMT
    JetBlue. It makes sense given the number of FL-NY runs I do.
  • TheIStrat

    Posts: 777

    Jan 22, 2012 3:57 PM GMT
    United. Though I use them for free magazine subscriptions. It's a pretty cool deal given I only fly like 1 time a year.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 6:43 PM GMT
    One World (AA) for the past 15 years.

    But began using Star Alliance (UA/CO) recently.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 22, 2012 6:50 PM GMT
    Delta. Really, it was the only show in town, where I used to rack up business travel. I really missed out when I travelled to Europe a lot - went with different carrier every time to stay with the lowest fare.
  • Suetonius

    Posts: 1842

    Jan 22, 2012 7:55 PM GMT
    GAMRican saidSigh. Used to be elite on Delta for 14 years. But now that I live in San Francisco, it was such a pain in the ass to have to hub through LAX or SLC for short hops that I bit the bullet and switched to United.

    I managed to make Premier in 2011. Whew!

    Then you have my sympathies, since United post-merger has just eliminated all the benefits of being Premier-Silver (25,000 miles). So, unless you will be flying 50,000 miles a year with United, you could get the few remaining benefits of "Premier" by getting a new credit card (Explorer). United management (actually it is Continental's management but now using the United name) decided to screw all their loyal Premier members and give them the kind of frequent flyer program that Continental had.
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileageplus-consolidated-681/
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 25, 2012 8:13 PM GMT
    I have a bunch on Continental/United and a bunch on American.

    On another topic... I've cashed in miles before for free flights, but this is the first year that I received a tax form in which the dollar-value of my reward miles on American was declared income on which I'm responsible for taxes. What the f*** gives?????


  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Jan 25, 2012 8:17 PM GMT
    Airmiles normally, but they're actually the ones I redeem most often as well (including a trip to NYC in 2 wks' time).

    After that it's probably about evenly-split between British Airways and Aeroplan (Air Canada).