"And don't shower at night. I have walked in the shower area twice at night to find guys washing their privates out of the shower stalls while staring at another guy doing the same thing. I once walked in on two guys washing each other. I told the staff about this and I then heard a slew of similar stories (but worse) from the staff and things other members have told them. This place is according to some of my friends on the hill, hook up central. I had to switch my workout times from the evenings to mornings to avoid this."
"This particular 24 HF is like a gay club where people, some of them straight, happen to work out. If overt gayness offends you, this is not the gym for you."
"This is a gay man's meet market. My husband is constantly being checked out while he exercises by a ton of the men at this gym. He is very uncomfortable using the showers and locker rooms here. Read Craig's List for all the locker room lustings people post about at this location." lol woman on Craigslist
"If you don't like being gawked at in the locker room, don't want to see guys wearing panties, don't want to see guys making out and dancing, and certainly do not want to be hit on by a gay guy, don't go here. I actually don't have anything against gay guys, but it's not for me."
"It is clear this corporation is depreciating the property. The bacterial colonies, slime mould, and patinae of filth and decay everywhere should put this place on a fast track to a health department inspection. The odours of obligate anaerobic decomposition abound in the men's locker room, sauna, steam, and swimming areas. Pseudomonas Aeroginosa (the red stuff that grows in a bachelor's shower) is superseded only by the black slime prevalent on all the tile, which once was white, and all rubber mats, which haven't been cleaned in aeons, and are hazards in themselves for several reasons.
The swimming area is often filled with ammonia gas, reminiscent of urine decomposition, and little brown hopping bugs, which give very nasty bites to anyone at pool's edge. The jacuzzi looks foamy and is a suspicious murky yellow colour. I've slipped in the slime surrounding the deck of the jacuzzi so many times, I've a mental note not to go anywhere near it. Someone took off their sterling silver earring, placing it in the pool room's far corner, many months ago, and it has since corroded into the deck and become one with it. Many of the leaking fixtures are heavily pitted with corrosion, filled with what look like 1950's cold war science projects, their noxious solutions awaiting release into the environs.
After months of mentioning these items to the staff, whose responses vacillate from insular to apologetic, though one can tell by their crossed eyes, they too, are tired of hearing about these hazards and many breakdowns, a short Central American man, who is very limited in communication skills, wearing a tee-shirt marked, "cleaning crew", and armed with a green liquid filled spray bottle and a paper towel, will occasionally appear to squirt and daub at something before disappearing again. To this day it appears that none of the equipment has been thoroughly cleaned since its installation.
The obvious and conscious negligence to the abundant physical hazards in this facility require a constant vigil on the part of any member or guest. Large panes of glass have fallen out of their support brackets merely to rest upon the floor, posing further serious hazards on the workout floors and in the shower areas. Jagged, bloody tiles are de rigueur here. I observed a man gash his foot upon a broken tile in the steam room, leaving a pile of blood behind, which was only cleaned up three days later after sustained complaints by me and other patrons.
This company has no compunction against placing its paying membership in serious physical danger, jeopardizing its members' medical health, or offending their visual or olfactory senses to make a profit. Buyer Be Aware!"