Hey, I saw your profile and then I saw your post. I think a lot of guys struggle with this man, but you just have to find the will and the way to get your personal goals accomplished.
You might want to just start eating better (because everyone has to eat, so why not start there?)
- Soda can add 2000 calories a week if you drink 2 a day. Switch to Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke which aren't too bad.
- Cut down on carbs and junk. Spend your grocery money differently, pick up almonds or cashews, and celery and healthy crunchy things.
- When you go to McD's, go with the 2 hamburgers and get a salad from the $1.00 menu. Skip the fried foods, breaded chicken, and all the dairy and the loaded up burgers.
- Take your vitamins. Even the gummy ones from Target or Walmart are decent and help a little.
- Can you go jog at lunch? Before work? After work? It sucks to wake up early or cut into your lunch time, but if you feel too tired after work, its better to do it before.
I've got 2 books that have been helping me a lot:
- "The Metabolism Miracle" -- google it and there is also a website.
- "Blood Types, Body Types, and You" -- has a website too.
Your metabolism might have changed just cause you aren't sleeping, exercising enough and especially if you're sitting a lot. Stress can do it too.
Really if you just start somewhere and add some new things as you feel and look better, you'll be back to normal again.
Just cause the people around you might have given up and gotten fat, doesn't mean you're gonna have the same fate. Just take small steps
And yeah, finding a hot guy to work out with would help, but honestly you're gonna have to take the first steps on your own.
Peace! Good luck man.