Caslon19000 saidRepubs have gone off the deep end and are making our gov't unfunctionable.
Your thread title and comment dealt with the economy and government, respectively. The article you linked to was focused specifically on judicial appointments. To refute your thread title and comment:
1) First two years when Democrats led both Houses, Obama got essentially what he asked for, including that stimulus. Their primary focus was Obamacare. They falsely assumed the stimulus would take care of the economy and did little else because of their Obamacare focus.
2) The 2010 election was a strong signal that the voters wanted the spending habits of the Administration in check. After admitting the election was a shellacking, Obama wanted to continue doing exactly what he had been doing before, but the Republicans, in response to what the people voted for, would not be a rubber stamp.
3) Obama's budget proposal for the past 2 years got no votes, even from his own party. Clearly indicated that neither he nor his party took his budget proposals seriously. It should also be noted that his budget proposals ignored the substantive recommendations of his own commission charged to suggest ways to reduce the debt.
4) The Republican led house produced a budget proposal that the Democratic led Senate will not even consider.
5) The Democratic led Senate has not produced a budget proposal in the past 3 years, in direct violation of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974.
6) The Republican led house has produced numerous job related bills, including the Keystone Pipeline, that the Democratic led Senate will not even consider.
You provide slogans. I provide facts.