Speaking to Press TV, Iranian Intelligence Minister says Tehran successfully foiled the attack, allegedly planned with U.K., but that conspirators were still bent on striking.
By Oded Yaron and Haaretz | Jun.21, 2012 | 1:43 PM | 2

The United States, Israel, and Britain planned to launch a cyber attack against Iran following the latest round of nuclear talks in Moscow, Tehran's Intelligence Ministry claimed on Thursday.

Speaking to the Iranian state run television network Press TV, Iranian Intelligence Minister Heidar Moslehi said: “Based on obtained information, the U.S. and the Zionist regime along with the MI6 planned an operation to launch a massive cyber attack against Iran's facilities following the meeting between Iran and the P5+1 in Moscow."

According to Moslehi, the alleged attempt to strike Iran's nuclear facilities failed over Iranian measures, adding: “They still seek to carry out the plan, but we have taken necessary measures."

The top Iranian official's comments came after, earlier this week, Moscow hosted the latest round of P5+1 nuclear talks, which ended in the apparent breakdown of talks.

Comments by Iran's intelligence minister on Thursday also came following the recent uncovering of the so-called Flame malware, which a Washington Post report on Tuesday claimed was geared at mapping Iran's computer networks and monitor computers of Iranian officials.

According to the report, the virus was designed to provide intelligence to help in a cyber campaign against Iran's nuclear program, involving the National Security Agency, the CIA and Israel's military.

Speaking on new virus a few weeks ago, Eugene Kaspersky, the head of the Kaspersky computer security firm, said that an inspection of Flame's code revealed loopholes, which could have been used to spy on the virus' operators.

Is this action by the US and Israel as two commentors on the ISRAELI SITE HAARETZ NEWS believes?

1. by Joe "IS THIS NOT A CRIMINAL ACTIVITY ?

2. by Trev "ITS A ACT OF TERROR AND A 'CASUS BELLI'