11 Reasons You’re Glad Jim DeMint Is Leaving The Senate
1. Stood with Akin after “legitimate rape” remarks.
2. Led the opposition against Obamacare.
3. Wants to prevent gay or unmarried teachers from teaching in public schools.
4. Pushed a bill outlawing the discussion of abortion over the Internet.
5. Wants to strip all federal employees of collective bargaining rights.
6. Blocked creation of the National Women’s History Museum.
7. Likened striking Chicago teachers to “thugs” in the Middle East.
8. Threatened to single-handedly shut down the Senate.
9. Used a failed terrorist plot to attack unions.
10. Argued that people with pre-existing conditions got better care before Obamacare.
11. “Willing” to cause “serious disruptions” in the economy in order to secure draconian cuts.