Tired of these static electric shocks.

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 12:32 AM GMT
    I have been getting these shocks everyday. No matter what I touch, Laptop, any electronic device, door knob, switch or anything. It just keep getting worst day by day. I m afraid to touch anything around me. The worst part of it is giving static shock to other people (it is embarrassing sometime). Anyone else experiencing this static shocks everyday? Is it very common?
    What you guys do to avoid this?
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 12:38 AM GMT
    "What you guys do to avoid this?"

    Nothing! The shock last 1 second and it's minor. Prison inmates on death row have it far worse.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 12:44 AM GMT
    It does last for 1 sec, but the reaction to that is quick and people make fun of it. And ya, its not good to give shocks to other people. I am afraid to touch anyone.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 12:49 AM GMT
    If the air surrounding you is cold then there's more of a chance for a shock. The humidity in the air helps move electrons off your body so you dont build up much of a charge. Cold air holds less moisture so there's less of a pathway for electrons to disperse into the surrounding air. The moment you give the built-up charge a pathway for release, aka doorknobs, metal surfaces, or another person, the built-up charge moves off you and you feel a static shock.

    One way you can avoid it is to NOT drag your feet when you walk. Draggong feet on carpet builds up static charges.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 12:59 AM GMT
    I don't do that, In fact I have been avoiding anything like that. One thing I have noticed, if I m bare-feet I get less shock, but not when I m wearing shoes or flip flop.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 1:02 AM GMT
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 1:15 AM GMT
    That's funny, lol .I m glad that my static shocks aren't really that bad. Ha ha.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 1:38 AM GMT
    Shawny99 saidI don't do that, In fact I have been avoiding anything like that. One thing I have noticed, if I m bare-feet I get less shock, but not when I m wearing shoes or flip flop.


    Moisture on your bare feet dissipate the charge built up. The rubber soles on shoes and flip flops act as an inhibitor, thus more charge and more shocks.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 1:40 AM GMT
    don't they make bracelets or something to balance your electrical chakras
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 1:54 AM GMT
    Do they? Not sure. I will be happy to buy one.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 2:17 AM GMT
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_electricity
    Low relative humidity increases the charge buildup

    tulip-stick-ultrasonic-humidifier-xl.jpg
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 2:45 AM GMT
    I get a million at Costco when I touch their fridge door handles, so now instinctively I always tap each fridge door with the back of my hand to get the shock out of the way.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 3:06 AM GMT
    That is a good idea, but would you do that to a person? bec I get shock while touching them too..ha ha... I m sure they wont enjoy that..lol
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 3:14 AM GMT
    every. single. day.

    Especially when running on treadmills and about to touch the heart rate reader of the machine. Thank god I haven't tripped yet with the reaction
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 3:21 AM GMT
    Shawny99 saidThat is a good idea, but would you do that to a person? bec I get shock while touching them too..ha ha... I m sure they wont enjoy that..lol


    I don't really touch that many people for that to be an issue...
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 3:30 AM GMT
    At school, its kind of easy to get touched by someone or to touch someone. Can't really avoid.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Feb 20, 2013 3:32 AM GMT
    SirAndy saidevery. single. day.

    Especially when running on treadmills and about to touch the heart rate reader of the machine. Thank god I haven't tripped yet with the reaction


    Ha ha...I forgot to mention about the gym..lol. Sometime in dark the sparks are so bright. lol..I just goggled it and it says humidification helps. But its hard to control that outside of my house.