Stomach region

  • Jericophantom...

    Posts: 185

    Mar 18, 2013 12:29 AM GMT
    What would be your recommendation to tightening up your stomach region? and could your recommend other links or sources of information?
  • Medjai

    Posts: 2671

    Mar 18, 2013 12:41 AM GMT
    A flat stomach is made in the kitchen, not the gym.
  • barriehomeboy

    Posts: 2475

    Mar 18, 2013 12:44 AM GMT
    Exactly. Your body is 80% diet, 5% genetics and 5% working out.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Mar 18, 2013 12:46 AM GMT
    Medjai saidA flat stomach is made in the kitchen, not the gym.


    ^This sums it up^. Your diet is going to dictate your waistline/flat stomach. Look at some of the workout plans and suggested meals on this website for more info.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Mar 18, 2013 12:47 AM GMT
    Medjai saidA flat stomach is made in the kitchen, not the gym.


    This.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Mar 18, 2013 12:48 AM GMT
    Jericophantom22 saidWhat would be your recommendation to tightening up your stomach region?
    Duct tape.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Mar 18, 2013 12:51 AM GMT
    Medjai saidA flat stomach is made in the kitchen, not the gym.


    I couldn't agree with you no better.... Alot of people tend to think its more excercise but its the completely opposite... It's all about your eating habits... A health and smart one....
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Mar 18, 2013 12:52 AM GMT
    Sorry OP, you did ask for links to useful information and no one has provided one. Here is one from this website that discussed nutrition and losing weight:

    http://www.realjock.com/splash/30/
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Mar 18, 2013 2:19 AM GMT
    barriehomeboy saidExactly. Your body is 80% diet, 5% genetics and 5% working out.


    That's 90%, what is the other 10%
  • Jericophantom...

    Posts: 185

    Mar 18, 2013 2:47 AM GMT
    I come from a family of big meat eaters and in turn the majority of us come out thick and beefy their are a few that have that flat stomach/six pack my father being one of them shifting my regular diet from tackling a cow and strapping it to my back to carry home. How would I integrate veggies and fruits into that?
  • LJay

    Posts: 11612

    Mar 18, 2013 2:56 AM GMT
    Until you learn how to prepare it yourself, go to a good salad bar and make salads to eat before your steak or burgers or whatever. Start with small portions and just get used to it. You will end up eating a little less meat at first and then probably a lot less, but you will still do fine. As long as you don't have any major dietary problems, let you appetite guide you, but don't purposely overeat.

    Get your mom or a friend to show you how to prep stuff and keep reasonable amounts in plastic bags or containers in the fridge and then just combine as you like. Go easy on the dressing.

    Same goes for fruits. Cooked veggies get a little more complicated, but not much once you learn how to use a steamer and use lemon juice, tiny bits of salt and maybe a few drops of olive oil.

  • mybud

    Posts: 11838

    Mar 18, 2013 3:03 AM GMT
    Try table push aways
  • Montague

    Posts: 5205

    Mar 18, 2013 3:10 AM GMT
    mybud saidTry table push aways


    Or cowboy hip rotations...
  • Medjai

    Posts: 2671

    Mar 18, 2013 3:11 AM GMT
    mileshelvetica said
    barriehomeboy saidExactly. Your body is 80% diet, 5% genetics and 5% working out.


    That's 90%, what is the other 10%


    Bad math skills.
  • MikeW

    Posts: 6061

    Mar 18, 2013 3:18 AM GMT
    mileshelvetica said
    barriehomeboy saidExactly. Your body is 80% diet, 5% genetics and 5% working out.


    That's 90%, what is the other 10%


    Will power.
  • jo2hotbod

    Posts: 3603

    Mar 18, 2013 3:27 AM GMT
    Forget genetics they are what they are and you can't let that stop you from bringing your body to its best.

    Stomach and abs are diet as far as showing them off, you still have to work them to have them.

    The typical hierarchy is 1/3 diet, 1/3 work outs (that includes cardio) and 1/3 rest all are equally important and play very different roles obviously.

    1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 3/3 or 1 (100%) = good advice and math skills all in one. Hope my spelling is correct.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Mar 18, 2013 3:36 AM GMT
    Medjai saidA flat stomach is made in the kitchen, not the gym.


    NOT TRUE !!
    ..You need both... I have exhausted the kitchen and the gym theory..

    ..Stop late night eating.. Watch your carbs, stress level and alcohol intake ..
    Learn how, where, when and why your body stores fat !<--not the same for everyone.
    Good luck
    btw.. I think you are really sexy
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Mar 18, 2013 3:59 AM GMT
    It is not 5% genetics...more like 80% genetics.

  • FitnessFreak

    Posts: 2

    Mar 18, 2013 6:16 AM GMT
    I couldn't agree more with the statements that have been given concerning this topic thus far. The toughing thing I have found in my training regimen is training the mind in what the body needs. Look at it like this, its not about what you want to eat, but more about what you need to eat. You body needs certain foods, carbs, nutrients, all that stuff, so I recommend researching what foods benefit your bodies over all nutritional needs and keep up light workouts for abs and core strengthening. Again, it really is about diet, and knowing what you are eating and how it is affecting your body over all.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Mar 18, 2013 2:08 PM GMT
    code2009 saidI couldn't agree more with the statements that have been given concerning this topic thus far. The toughing thing I have found in my training regimen is training the mind in what the body needs. Look at it like this, its not about what you want to eat, but more about what you need to eat. You body needs certain foods, carbs, nutrients, all that stuff, so I recommend researching what foods benefit your bodies over all nutritional needs and keep up light workouts for abs and core strengthening. Again, it really is about diet, and knowing what you are eating and how it is affecting your body over all.


    So what you're saying is that it's trial and error?