Rent dilemma. Help.

  • O5vx

    Posts: 3154

    May 23, 2013 4:48 PM GMT

    Hi Guys,

    So I am moving to a new city in September for school and I am having trouble deciding if I should pay the damage deposit fees at the college that I am going to. If I do pay the damage deposit fees, I will not get them back if I do find a better place. The rent for the res is also not too encouraging. The deadline to either pay the deposit is June 15 or they throw my application out. I don't want to be left stranded in a city that I don't know when I do move. What do you think I should do? What would you do? Oh, might I mention that I don't have a lot of money to spend per month, that's one of the reason I am waiting to see if I could get a place closer to the start of school year.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    May 23, 2013 7:30 PM GMT
    Since -you mentioned that you have limited funds for housing, I think it would be wise to take the school dorm. At least you know you'd be safe, close to school and would have money to live on. It's your first year.... go with the flow and see what you think NEXT year. Starting school is tough enough....don't get all dramatic about trying to figure out where to live. Focus on your studies and your classes.
  • O5vx

    Posts: 3154

    May 23, 2013 7:38 PM GMT
    FriendsOnly saidSince -you mentioned that you have limited funds for housing, I think it would be wise to take the school dorm. At least you know you'd be safe, close to school and would have money to live on. It's your first year.... go with the flow and see what you think NEXT year. Starting school is tough enough....don't get all dramatic about trying to figure out where to live. Focus on your studies and your classes.


    It's not my first year, I am just transferring. Like I said, the reason I don't want to go with the school is because their prices are too expensive.
  • Fable

    Posts: 3866

    May 23, 2013 7:55 PM GMT
    then start searching for other accomodation. you have a couple of weeks. do it.
  • O5vx

    Posts: 3154

    May 23, 2013 8:22 PM GMT
    fable saidthen start searching for other accomodation. you have a couple of weeks. do it.
    That's what I have been doing, however, most that I have found cant guarantee me a space. They do say they will keep me in mind if a spot does open up.