Oct 31, 2008 11:00 PM GMT
Maverick75 saidShe's a Republican, why is her campaign ad, " unbelievable"?
coolHUSSEINdude saidAs a North Carolna resident, I've been meaning to make this topic thread.
So much for respecting Elizabeth Dole. I did until last week when this started.
GQjock saidWhy's everybody surprised?
She went along with the Bush Criminals 92% of the time
* Minimum Wage: Dole voted NO to increase the federal minimum wage. (Amend the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938; .S Amdt. 4322 to S. 2766 , June 21, 2006)
* Jobs & the Economy: Dole voted NO to repealing tax subsidies for companies that move American jobs offshore. (Tax Subsidy for Domestic Companies Amendment; Bill S AMDT 210 to S Con Res 18; vote number 2005-63 on Mar 17, 2005)
* Prescription Drugs: Dole voted NO to allowing the federal government to negotiate for lower prescription drug prices. (Prescription Drug Amendment; Bill S.Amdt. 214 to S.Con.Res. 18; vote number 2005-60 on Mar 17, 2005)
* Veterans Affairs: Dole voted NO to health care benefits for veterans. (S Amdt 2735 to S Amdt 2707 to HR 4297: To support the health needs of our veterans and military personnel and reduce the deficit by making tax rates fairer for all Americans. )
* Education: Dole voted NO to provide $52 million for after-school programs. (Amendment to Agencies Appropriations Act; Bill S Amdt 2287 to HR 3010 ; vote number 2005-279 on Oct 27, 2005)
AND dear Sirs ... the Coup de Gras
I believe that marriage is a sacred union between a man and a woman. I also believe that it is primarily the responsibility of individual states to set the rules regarding family law. I will support amending the constitution if activist judges attempt to force laws on the nation.
cowHUSboySEINo saidI heard in a report on NPR that one big reason Dole is at risk is that she's hardly been to North Carolina since entering the Senate. She's been a fair and relatively easy target.
swimbikerun saidWhat's so wrong with being a godless American anyway? There was no Jesus, "In God We Trust" shouldn't be on our money nor should god be referenced in the Pledge of Alligence.
teddyp81 saidNot that this has anything to do with the topic, but there was a Jesus, unless you think the Roman historians were referring to someone else who went by "Christus" when they wrote about him.
dfrw saidI am an out athiest!