Nov 13, 2008 9:33 PM GMT
I pledge to recommit to the fight for marriage equality.
I am recommitting myself to work to reverse the outcome of November 4th's discriminatory ballot measures in California, Arizona, and Florida.
I pledge today to:
* Model love and justice, even as I feel anger and pain.
* Show leadership by publicly investing in the well-being of others, including those who do not yet understand our cause;
* Demonstrate my commitment to communities of color and religious communities and issues they care about;
* Help others who have experienced discrimination understand that putting the rights of one minority up for a vote puts everyone's rights at risk; and
* Confront my neighbors with my love - especially my neighbors who come from backgrounds different from mine.
I know that our passion will ultimately prevail. I promise to hold on to it, and to use it wisely.