I don't mind body sprays as long as the wearer is wearing them in an appropriate fashion such as:
1. Not dousing yourself in it before your work out.
2. Not dousing yourself in it before running in a road race with 100s of other people. ACK!
3. Not substituting it for regular underarm anti perspirant
4. Not subsituting it for a shower
5. Not covering yourself in it before going to a bar, chain smoking, and getting drunk. There's no worse odor than the wreak of cigarrette smoke, booze (because your body tries to get rid of it by excreting it from your pores), and perfume.
I think essence is the only one I've ever liked enough to buy. I'm well groomed, but I keep it simple and low maintenance. So soap, water, and regular old deodorant work for me.