Nov 08, 2013 3:56 PM GMT
Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club
ADAPTIVE Funding Challenge
By the end of November, the 20 adaptive athletes who train and compete with the AVSC Adaptive Program may have their hopes and dreams shattered. Due to factors outside of our control, the Federal funding that has always supported this program is in jeopardy of being cut. We can’t let that derail our program!
The AVSC Adaptive Team is made up of amazing individuals who are striving to be the best in the world; half are recent military veterans. We were the United States Ski & Snowboard Association’s Adaptive Club of the Year in both 2011 and 2012, and seven of our athletes have already qualified to compete in the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi, scheduled for March 7th – 16th.
We need $300,000 to keep our Adaptive program alive in this critical Paralympic season. Then we need to put the program on such solid financial footing that it is never again threatened by a decision made in Washington, D.C.
Let all of America be inspired by the powerful examples that our athletes set!
What will your donation cover?
• All military athlete expenses through April 2014: local housing, coaching fees, season pass, travel and lodging, all equipment needs.
• Operational expenses through April 2014: office rent, staff salaries, vehicles, travel related costs.
Please help our national heroes! Here’s how you can help:
• Donations of any size are welcome and are tax deductible.
• Donate now online: Support AVSC Adaptive
• Call Barbara Frank, Development Director @ 970-205-5102