Top 10 fashion cues for a gay male in a gym.
1. Gay Underwear- Brands like Aussiebum, Andrew Christian, 2Xist, etc
2. Pastel colors- Pink, Orange cream, light green, very flamboyant colors.
3. Upon arrival to the gym - A typical gay will be too perfectly groomed. Nice dress shirt, perfectly tucked in the slacks, nice fingernails, hair, too clean cut. He will look like the mannequins on the store display at your local Hugo Boss store.
4. When he works out he will usually wear a tight v neck t shirt or walks around in a tight tank top.
5. Body hair will by too perfectly groomed. Many straight guys have chest hair growing in all directions, a gay hairy man will look like a throw rug with every hair exactly .5 of an inch long.
6. When they shower or refreshen after gym, they always break out the "beauty products" from their mini "Man purse" they keep in their duffle bag..
facial sunscreen, lotion, cologne, aftershave, hair spray, hair tonic, Styling gel, mousse, etc.
7. They will wear matching tops and bottoms. Their workout shirt will match their workout shorts. They will be the only men in the gym with a blue tank top, blue shorts, and blue gym shoes.
8. Their sneakers they wear when they work out always look brand new like they just bought them yesterday from the Sporting good store. Most straight guys have sneakers that look like they just survived Hurricane Katrina- Scuff marks, dirty, worn out, faded in color, and slightly damaged.
9. With the exception of real male athletes who participate in Swimming/ Water Polo- you will always see a typical gay male swimming in the gym pool wearing speedos. All straight men typically wear swim shorts/trunks. Unless you are a water polo player or swimmer, there would be no need to wear speedos, unless you are gay.
10. One of the most obvious give aways that a guy is a gay at a gym is by seeing him on the the free weight or exercise machine. If you look at him and notice his strategically placed "tan lines" around the waist, arms, neck, then you know you he been spending too much time at the tanning salon.