Sharkspeare saidI am not trolling. I'd love to hear your response.
Considering that certain posters angrily demanded to know what Hillary's accomplishments have been, I want to hear if you can name ONE thing that the Republican Party has done in the past twenty years that has improved people's lives generally.
Just one. Anyone?......Bueller?.......
Well we know Hillary's accomplishments, particularly in her pet issues of child welfare, health care, and women's rights:
- My favorite thing she's done: her 1995 Beijing Speech on women's rights as First Lady, over the objections of her husband's administration, shamed human rights organizations into recognizing worldwide misogyny and sexism as a major issue
- As Arkansas first lady, she was crucial and early supporter of Head Start programs
- In her private career, she helped Wal-Mart grow into one of the world's largest companies in the 80s as a Board member
- As a hospital board member, she expanded rural access to health care
- As First Lady, she was the driving force behind expanding children's access to healthcare in her husband's second term
- As Senator, she championed minimum wage increases and co-authored minimum wage bills
- As Senator and Sec of State, she helped convince Russia to sign onto the START nuclear reduction treaty
- She fought for equal pay and co-sponsored the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, eventually signed into law by the current Prez
- Obviously as a 2008 Presidental Candidate, she ran the first serious campaign by a woman, transforming into an inspiring and pioneering political icon
- She was the first Sec of State to convince China and Russia to agree to Iranian sanctions, resulting in the toughest sanctions ever on the regime
- Under her order, the State Department became the first government agency to extend full spousal benefits to gays and lesbians (which predated the President's evolution on gay rights)
- She negotiated the Israel-Palestine 2012 cease fire that prevented a second Gaza WarThese I didn't know about her Sec of State work until today:
- She opened up relationships in Asia and South America, getting Korea, Columbia, Saudia Arabia, Brazil, and Israel to sign onto new trade agreements
- She created the Center for Strategic Counterterrorism Communications recognizing that her predecessors at State had neglected cyberterrorism
- She also created at State the Bureau of Energy Resources recognizing unlike her predecessors that America's dependence on foreign oil is a national security issue
All of this will be become clear to voters, if it isn't already, if Hillary runs in 2016. But the burning question remainds: what has the Republican Party done to warrant election the White House?
Who do they have that can top the achievements of a Hillary or a Biden or a Warren?
Republicans don't have an answer because conservatives have no governing rationale. The Republican Party has accomplished nothing. What accomplishments do Republican candidates have? *crickets*