May 25, 2014 11:21 PM GMT
“I wonder how much it’d cost to book ________ for my birthday/wedding/Super Bowl party/music festival/funeral?” It’s a question that’s surely floated in the mind of anyone who reads this site. Well, for those of you actually serious about shelling out a few Gs on your favorite band, Degy Entertainment (via priceonomics) has put together a helpful little guide on who costs what.
It’s worth noting that the data culled on these charts are asking prices from a third-party booking agency, so the prices are likely much different than, say, what a Coachella or Lollapalooza might pay. Some seem a little high (Goo Goo Dolls and Gypsy Kings will evidently cost you six digits!), while others are outrageously low (Kanye West is three or four times the $400-600k range currently listed… believe me, I’ve looked into it).
All that being said, here are a few quick takeaways:
– Want to invite Morrissey over for Italian? It’ll only cost you $100k. What’s more, you can have We Are Scientists open for $7-10k.
– Jimmy Chicken’s Shack would cost me MINIMUM three months rent.
– Dave Matthews’ $1 million asking price a little out of your budget? Why not book the Dave Matthews Tribute Band for the low, low cost of $5-10k.
– Want The Fratellis to play “Chelsea Dagger” at your bar for three hours straight? That’ll be $15,000.
– JET are still asking for $25-35k, lol.
– I wanna meet the guy who has $75,000 to book Gym Class Heroes.
– Lana Del Rey is totally ripping off Kanye.
– Daft Punk are not for sale.