BROTIE saidOh quit the doom and gloom. Texas is an economic powerhouse and easily dwarfs most other countries.
Regardless of the legality of secession, it's the only reason the United States exists as it does today. How brainwashed does everyone need to be to assume that the U.S. would be better off without Texas. That's nearly 10% of our population, some of our largest corporations and a fantastic portfolio of military men and women.
5 reasons we would be better off without Texas:
1) The Tea Party run state STEALS (bribes) jobs and companies from other states, namely its biggest rival, California. Not that people actually want to live in Texas but rather are forced to, its the same all over the south, nobody of intelligence wants to really live there. I cant tell you how many people I know that had to choose, move to Texas or the south because their job did or stay in California where their home, family, social life is and hope to get another job. A lot of Californians have said, fuck you to Texas.
2) And yes, Texas (republican) and California (democrat) are rivals. Texas and its republicans are out to destroy America by this rivalry. Texas wants to be the 'new Washington DC'. Texas and its republicans along with CA state republicans would like to see the state of California, its biggest rival, divided into six different states destroying its economy (6th largest in the world) and create division in the state so that republicans can infiltrate and break up the democratic strong holds. Democrats tend to unify.
3) California has a solid infrastructure due to regulations, Texas has a crumbling one due to lack of regulations. Cost of living is higher in CA, therefore wages are higher, while Texas cost of living is very cheap, wages are very low. All US workers want higher wages.
4) Corporate Greed- those companies who wish to join Texas' way of life, poor infrastructure, low wage, low tax, low housing, low social life lacking diversity, high corporate profits, soft regulations or oversight, those companies are only looking to benefit themselves, not the people who are forced to live and work there. Would you want to work for and be treated like cattle?
5) Cultural differences- this should be self explanatory, this is what currently divides our nation, maybe the US should secede the entire south and Texas can become its capitol. We are the divided states of America because of the south, cut them loose.