do your friends CROSSFIT ?

  • secondstartot...

    Posts: 1314

    Apr 15, 2015 5:44 PM GMT
    disclaimer...not my opinions ...I dont exercise nearly enough to pass judgment of anykind....but I know people who do and this video is hilarious !

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 15, 2015 10:18 PM GMT
    do your friends CROSSFIT ?

    But Hubbell…people are their principles!
  • madsexy

    Posts: 4843

    Apr 15, 2015 11:47 PM GMT
    As a dedicated CrossFitter I laughed my ass off at this. They could have at least picked a fit hot guy for the one in the vid! icon_eek.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 15, 2015 11:53 PM GMT
    That was hilarious and so true! hahahahaha
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 16, 2015 2:50 AM GMT
    More middle-school humor than college humor, but whatever. If either of the main characters went to the box I go to, they'd get some very strange looks indeed.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 16, 2015 4:40 PM GMT
    well I've seen some crossfitters lifting more weight than some guys in my gym icon_smile.gif
  • Destinharbor

    Posts: 4435

    Apr 16, 2015 4:44 PM GMT
    Is Crossfit fading? I see more and more "Boxes" (I think they're called) but fewer and fewer people. Other than here, I've only known a couple of guys that did Crossfit and none of them are still with it. Is it fading or just my sampling?
  • secondstartot...

    Posts: 1314

    Apr 16, 2015 5:44 PM GMT
    Flexx123 saidwell I've seen some crossfitters lifting more weight than some guys in my gym icon_smile.gif

    also funny
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 16, 2015 6:45 PM GMT
    secondstartotheright said
    Flexx123 saidwell I've seen some crossfitters lifting more weight than some guys in my gym icon_smile.gif

    also funny



    If you mean funny as in "it's funny how much of a douchebag this guy is," then I totally agree. I didn't laugh once.

    That video by the OP is pretty funny, though. Satire without being douchy. Our "Reps for Jesus" guy needs some lessons.



  • Gav_Angel

    Posts: 1

    Apr 16, 2015 7:00 PM GMT
    Flexx123 saidwell I've seen some crossfitters lifting more weight than some guys in my gym icon_smile.gif


    I am sure they are fitter than most of the muscle guys in your gym icon_smile.gif

    I do CrossFit and I love it. It's not just about weights, it's more about general fitness.

    Weights, cardio & gymnastics. All combined into an awesome WOD ( Workout of the day)
  • Tony1992

    Posts: 11

    Apr 16, 2015 8:31 PM GMT
    secondstartotheright saiddisclaimer...not my opinions ...I dont exercise nearly enough to pass judgment of anykind....but I know people who do and this video is hilarious !



    video seems accurate to what ive seen tbh
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 16, 2015 8:47 PM GMT
    The "Broscience" vid has one line that's a classic:

    "CrossFit is ideal for building cardiovascular endurance. Or as I like to call it: the ability to lose gains."

    He's got a ton of vids on Youtube. One is "How to Deadlift" and it has another classic line. After going through some intro material about approaching the bar, what type of grip to use, etc., he comes to this:

    "Moving on. Now I'm going to skip form all together, since most likely, you are as well."

    Dude seems like a one-man, single-subject SNL: if you look past of 80% of the jokes that fall flat, the other 20% are hilarious.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 17, 2015 1:23 PM GMT
    sportbiker saidThe "Broscience" vid has one line that's a classic:

    "CrossFit is ideal for building cardiovascular endurance. Or as I like to call it: the ability to lose gains."

    He's got a ton of vids on Youtube. One is "How to Deadlift" and it has another classic line. After going through some intro material about approaching the bar, what type of grip to use, etc., he comes to this:

    "Moving on. Now I'm going to skip form all together, since most likely, you are as well."

    Dude seems like a one-man, single-subject SNL: if you look past of 80% of the jokes that fall flat, the other 20% are hilarious.



    20% is generous. 2% maybe, if you consider his headband to be hilarious, which I do.
  • madsexy

    Posts: 4843

    Apr 17, 2015 3:03 PM GMT
    Gav_Angel said
    Flexx123 saidwell I've seen some crossfitters lifting more weight than some guys in my gym icon_smile.gif


    I am sure they are fitter than most of the muscle guys in your gym icon_smile.gif

    I do CrossFit and I love it. It's not just about weights, it's more about general fitness.

    Weights, cardio & gymnastics. All combined into an awesome WOD ( Workout of the day)

    Amen brother!
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 17, 2015 5:07 PM GMT
    I swear I need to start my own cult for fun and profit. Cross-farm? Farm-fit?
    Well, I'm sure I can keep coming up with a WOD as long as you keep paying for the class.

    and get my fences fixed
    and my rocks picked
    and my timber cut
    and my hay stacked
    and my firewood split

    ... icon_razz.gif
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 17, 2015 5:32 PM GMT
    mindgarden saidI swear I need to start my own cult for fun and profit. Cross-farm? Farm-fit?
    Well, I'm sure I can keep coming up with a WOD as long as you keep paying for the class.

    and get my fences fixed
    and my rocks picked
    and my timber cut
    and my hay stacked
    and my firewood split

    ... icon_razz.gif



    and a sense of humor


  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Apr 18, 2015 1:51 AM GMT
    David_Lauderdale saidif you consider his headband to be hilarious, which I do.


    Yeah, Swole Team 6 made me smile.