White privilege is:
1) Having your history be the default history while black/native american/indian history is seen as an alternative history. WHite is default
2) the normalized offenses towards the religions and cultures of non-whites like using native american headresses as halloween costumes, just to take an example off the top of my head, but causing ructions when Christian, which is a white religion and forms the basis of our social fabric due to the WHITE colonisers being christian, is held in derision.
3) That knowledge is based on the acceptance or rejection of facts according to white convenience. For instance South Africa (my country) was discovered in 16__ by Jan Van Riebeck. America was discovered by Christopher Columbus in ____, for instance. These places only became globally extant when whites discovered them. Nobody knows when Europe was "discovered" because it wasn't discovered, it necessarily existed. Because whites come from there.
4) Oppressing people through regimes like slavery in America and Apartheid in South Africa. Removing black families from their homes and alienating them from their culture then acting as if "granting them freedom" (??????) was a favour. Never paying reparations and expecting a people brought up with a mindset of inferiority to all of a sudden abandon their social conditioning and become CEO's.
5) Intentionally creating ghetto areas with too little for all the inhabitants in order to espouse thuggishness and gangsterism and then being surprised that thuggishness and gangsterism exists in said communities.
6) Positing yourselves as victims when whites have *throughout history* been the aggressors and slavermasters of almost every single people in the world, when said people point out the repurcercussions of said slavery and dehumanization which continues today but whites ignore it.
7) the way in which socially, other races are still discriminated against in circumstances despite being the *exemplary few* non-whites who have successfully navigated their way through a colonised world. ie. In South Africa top CEO's (black CEO's) still not being taken seriously if they do not have an English accent despite English NOT BEING THEIR FIRST LANGUAGE but Afrikaaners (white people of Dutch descent in SA and Afrikaans being a derivative of Dutch) being taken seriously with their heavy accents and complete ignorance of tenses and singular and plural (Afrikaans has no distinction between the two, making a English a challenge) and inability to pronounce the "th" sound.
Black people here being stigmatised as untidy for wearing their natural hair. In Africa. Only being allowed to wear traditional African clothing, in Africa, on Africa Day/Mandela Day?Madiba Day.
9) distorting the workings of *an entire culture* by forcing capitialism on us when the native inhabitants of the country who were not naked morons scratching around for berries, had more of a socialist economy and way of thinking (Ubuntu) then commandeering the term Ubuntu as a way to negate and ignore their privilege by implying that we are one people and thusly we should STOP TALKIN ABOUT RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10) Here in SA white people owning 70 percent of the economy despite being less than 10 percent of the population. Living on nearly 80 percent of the land despite being 10 percent of the population. The statistics of wealth include our black corrupt government who give themselves shameful amounts of money (millions per year) SO if you cut them out and include only the average black, it's even more than 70 percent of the economy.
11) Being oblivious of the mental effects of living in a ghetto.
12) mental health benefits. When a white person is depressed they cant function they go to a psychiatrist/psychologist to diagnose them and get a month off work + full salary for the month. Black people with the depression not going to work because they are depressed and not having money for a psychiatrist then being portrayed as lazy people who increase good working people's taxes and they should be "ashamed of themselves"
13) drunk white teens being seen as normatively rebellious. Drug using white teens being viewed as experimental. Drunken escapades of white adult women/men being seen as girls letting their hair down/a boy's night. Drunk black teens being seen as an example of the decrepitude of the lack community which is entirely their fault. Drunk black adults being shunned. Drug using black teens being seen as gang-bangers-in-training. Drunk black adults are physical threats.
14) a black president having to have no criminal record perfect bank balances no history of insolvency or bankruptcy, have one wife, have children with only one woman, that being his wife and during wedlock only his wife having to be extremely intelligent and integrous as well as being highly qualified and inspirational. ALL of them having to be well spoken at all times and children of model behaviour for the respect that a white president gets. And a white president being able to
not speak English (But he won bigly) not have any higher education certificates, having a sugar baby for a wife, going bankrupt several times, making defamatory remarks, making stupid remarks, sometimes not looking presentable, being ineloquent, making ignorant remarks, making racist statements, having children with more than one woman and having a string of divorces, depriving people of health care, having an imbecilic wife, having a plethora of cases of corruption and plain thievery and maltreatment of workers against his name, having the childish notion of building an impenetrable wall between entire countries.
Both men are presidents. One had to work harder than the other. Guess why people make so many (euphamisticly put) allowances for one and not the other. Just Guess.
15) white people colonising continents, creating countries arbitrarily, taking their wealth then leaving and wondering why the governments of the countries *they created*, against the *norms of the aboriginal people* aren't governing their arbitrarily formed states so well.
16) instigating wars but never being blamed for them
17) thinking that having black friends exempts them from being racists
not knowing what racism is
19) Collectively living in better conditions and never acknowledging how they got there or why there are there and taking taking responsibility for it. Thinking that their parents "worked hard" to get them the land that they are on. Worked extremely hard in an economy skewed to their favour where they only had to compete against other whites and then expecting black people to thrive in economy where they have to compete against all races
20.1) reducing racism to personal antipathy towards a person of another race on account of their (You don't like blacks therefore you're a racist. I have no issues with blacks therefore I'm not racist) and the effect of racism being hurt feelings, and not acknowledging racism as a system of maintained social economic cultural historical and emotional aggressions, micro-aggressions and impediments which your intentional ignorance (yes, your white ignorance) accommodates, just in order to be able to not implicate yourself in something as abhorrent as racism.
20.2) thinking you aren't a racist because you haven't, to your knowledge, hurt a black person's feelings on account of their being black
20.3) thinking you are a victimof racism because your felings were hurt not even on account of your race but the pointing out of the fact that structural systems benefit you. You are not "the bad ones" you are "the scapegoats" just the recipients of a lot of prilielege wihich isn't your fault on the one hand because you didn't choose to be white but is your fault on the