I checked AN ACTUAL SOURCE and found some very interesting facts...
- Therapy is scientifically based on psychoanalytic treatment methods.
- Only treat people NOT HAPPY with being gay.
- NO coercion.
- NO kidnappings.
- NO beatings.
- NO electric shocks.
- About 1/3 develop heterosexual orientation. No desire for same sex.
- About 1/3 develop heterosexual orientation. Occasional desire for same sex. (Bisexual?)
- About 1/3 stay gay!
Best treatment outcome for men who had traumatic childhoods (dysfunctional family, bullying, abuse, etc.) COMBINED with overprotective/domineering mother, plus a father unable to bond.
Let's not speak in such clear absolutes, please.
I'm not sure what sources you checked... and i'm not asking you to site them... but I, too have a source...
- He WAS kidnapped.
- He WAS drugged to make his kidnapping easier.
- He WAS beaten.
- He WAS starved.
- He WAS punished with a high-pressure cold water hose.
They called it "Prayer" and "Adjustment" and "Reformation".
It's not all based in science and psychology... but it always seems to be rooted in fear.
Don't tell me that it doesn't happen. It may not always happen like that... but it still happens.