lol, i've been seeing a guy since December - we really hit it off, and have gone on many roadtrips and outings together. We both wanted to visit Tibet, and have found a decent flight deal for there - we're thinking of going in late august. This guy is really into me, but recently expressed hesitation about the trip - he's worried that in the span between booking the flights and us actually going that trip 5 months later, that I might lose interest in him and we break up. It didn't cross my mind at the time so I quickly assured him that I have no hesitation about us at the moment, but now I'm worried that anything can happen in 5 months!! Any advice?
Who's paying for the trip? If it's you, why would he be concerned about a breakup? No financial loss to him, nor would you be likely to cancel and throw your own money away. Perhaps he's the one unsure about his own feelings. He could be the kind of guy who doesn't stay with relationships for more than a few months.
They're not uncommon, especially in your age bracket. Sort of the image of the straight bachelor who keeps getting cold feet about making the commitment to marriage. And an exotic trip of that length and expense is indeed a bit intimidating to consider.
I see nothing wrong with taking a modest trip with a guy early in a relationship. I've done it myself, and it can be very bonding, while at the same time be a sort of "shake-down cruise", or a "trial run" if you prefer, that demonstrates how well you guys really function for longer periods of being in each other's company on a continuous 24/7 basis. How's it really like to live with each other day in and day out, in all the different moods people go through under different circumstances and stresses?
I did an 8-day trip within about a month of meeting with this one guy, but only a few hundred miles from home, making it easy to cut it short if it went badly. Instead really wonderful, it remained one of our fondest memories for the 2 years we remained together. But Tibet may be attempting too much too soon, spooking your BF.
BTW, I finally parted because he was in fact one of those gun-shy bachelors, while I wanted to make us permanent. In our case I thought we were both too old to put it off forever, but he still liked a single guy's freedom, and wouldn't live together. And now I think, last I heard, that he's still single but way past having much choice in the matter, anyway, unless he accepts a gold digger in final desperation.
Anyhow, the variable here is the relatively long delay of your trip, I presume due to Tibet ideally being a summer destination, plus maybe also best suiting your personal schedules. Can you do a similar thing somewhere else, maybe closer & quicker? That might cement your relationship and THEN you can do Tibet, perhaps a year afterwards, if your relationship is now reliably firm.