Mar 03, 2009 8:08 PM GMT
1. I currently live in Tulsa, Oklahoma, right in the middle of the country.
2. I am starting law school this fall and will be on one of four cities: LA, San Francisco, DC, or New York.
3. For the purposes of this post, let's assume the schools are all equal in academic reputation/merit and location is going to be a deciding factor.
1. I've visited/spent some time in each of these cities, and have lived in DC for a summer when working for HRC in 2006.
2. I've also studied in London, Quebec and Paris as an undergraduate, so I'm not unfamiliar with living in bigger cities.
3. I have at least one friend in each of these locations, who would be thrilled to have me relocate: so I'm guessing that I can meet people at any of these destinations.
Here's where I'd like some help (a geo-specific anthropological question of sorts): for those of you guys who live in one of these cities, or have lived in one of more of them, what were your impressions? Generally, are you more East coast orientated, or West coast? What advice might you have for me, a native of the "unbiased center" of the country, in regard to my journey to one of the coasts?
There you have it. I appreciate the help. ;-)