Of course, any doctor will tell you to rest up, sleep and drink lots of water.
Not sure if you have any high fever or chills, but if you happen to have those symptoms I can suggest you to try this. It's one of the traditional Chinese alternatives instead taking a pill to feel better. Long time ago, when I had a high fever, my father would apply icy hot on the upper and middle back area, and the back of my neck. He would then use the edge of the ceramic Chinese soup spoon to pressure strokes my back and neck. I know it might sound odd but it really works. This causes extravasation of blood from the peripheral capillaries and may result in sub-cutaneous blemishing, which usually takes 2-4 days to fade. It makes you look like you've been physically abused, but you're not. In the end, I feel immediate sense of relief and change. This Chinese technique is called "Gua Sha" 刮痧 ~ which means to "scrape away the fever." My fever was gone in less than two days. I apply this three times a day: morning, afternoon and before going to bed.
If you happen to try this, have your parents or a trusted friend to help you with this. Find a smoothed edge object if you can't get a hold of a Chinese soup spoon.
Forgot to add... Gua Sha technique is most commonly used to:
* Reduce fever (the technique was used to treat cholera).
* Treat fatigue caused by exposure to heat (often used to treat heat-stroke) or cold.
* Cough and dyspnea: bronchitis, asthma, emphysema.
* Treat muscle and tendon injuries.
* Push sluggish circulation, fibromyalgia.
* Treat headache.
* Treat sunstrokes / heat syncope and nausea.
* Treat stiffness, pain, immobility.
* Treat digestive disorders.
* Treat urinary, gynecological disorders.
* To assist with reactions to food poisoning.
Feel better soon and all the best~