A great guy - great entertainer. His cause of death is said to be due to drug toxicity and the combination of hydromorphone (commonly marketed as Dilaudid) and a pre-existing heart condition. The prescription (according to his doctor) was five years old and had been legally prescribed for relief from pain related to old injuries from his baseball career. It appears Gans took some of the medicine the afternoon before his death, because he was in pain after playing golf. His doctor reminds all of us to discard old unused medicine. Danny Gans was one of the best entertainers in Vegas - and was well liked by most everybody who knew him.......just an all-round good, clean living guy.
UP_DANNY_GANS_MIRAGE_7_461.jpg