Webster666 said1) You'll forget where you put it
2) You'll forget where you put the ammunition
3) The burgurgler will kill you before you can get the bedside table drawer open
4) Your visiting nephew will accidentally blow his head off
5) The burgurgler will take it away from you and "open you up like a can of tomato soup"
7) The burgurgler will break into your house and steal your gun while you're at work
1) I NEVER forget where mine is
2) I NEVER forget where the ammo is (in the gun where it belongs)
3) The burgler better be damn fast...Mine is ON the table
4) I dont have nephews, and if I do and he does thats what he gets for be a nosey bastard.
5) Refer to 3
6) Whereis 6?
7) I have a CC permit
I don't understand people that hate guns for no reason.
#3- Is it next to the lube?
Personally, I do have a fascination with guns. Went out with my grandfather several times for target practice when I was a kid, As far as having it in my home, I have mixed feelings about. I can see the danger, and would make sure i am fully and completely educated on everything there is to know about the gun and guns in general. If I had a partner, it would be a topic of discussion to weigh it out.
A friend of mine has several guns, including a automatic rifle and a shotgun. (So cool! lol). But he is extremely safe with them, and has all but one locked up in a safe that doesn't look easy to crack. Plus facing off with him unarmed wouldn't be pretty, though entertaining for observers.
If you feel the need to have a weapon, just make sure you have all the proper training and keep up with the practice. Also, with you going into the service, you'll get all that you need, and then some, there. Be safe