If Joe Lieberman filibusters health care, I will donate to his opponent

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 8:21 AM GMT
    So I saw this about an hour ago on facebook and joined. I have quite a bone to pick with Joe on a whole host of issues but this one will really do it for me. Should he do this... I will not only donate my money... I'll personally fly out there and help the other guys campaign myself! Screw him if he filibusters.

    http://www.facebook.com/StopJoe?ref=nf#/StopJoe?v=info&ref=nf

    "Senator Joe Lieberman is threatening to join with Republicans, and filibuster health care reform. Enough is enough. Become a "fan" of this page, and pledge to donate to an opponent of Lieberman in 2012 if he filibusters now (see "info" for details)."

  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 3:17 PM GMT
    I am certainly with you on this subject !!! I don't know of any politician that is more opportunistic in his attention grabbing stances than Lieberman. Not any of the South Carolina Governor, Senators and congressman have topped him. This guy is still after all his backstabbing hanging onto his commitee chair positions, this has got to end. I hope the Dems have made it clear that his chair positions end if he carries out his threat to filibuster.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 3:20 PM GMT
    I've met him in person. He is a little weasel. It would not surprise me any.

    But if he is vetoing because of solid held beliefs then he should. One should always go with one's integrity
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 3:24 PM GMT
    Blondizgd saidI've met him in person. He is a little weasel. It would not surprise me any.

    But if he is vetoing because of solid held beliefs then he should. One should always go with one's integrity
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Don't forget that he's the recipient of around 2 million of funding from Insurance interests. I'm sure he's quite attached to the integrity and allegience to those who 'butter his bread'.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 3:28 PM GMT
    realifedad said
    Blondizgd saidI've met him in person. He is a little weasel. It would not surprise me any.

    But if he is vetoing because of solid held beliefs then he should. One should always go with one's integrity
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Don't forget that he's the recipient of around 2 million of funding from Insurance interests. I'm sure he's quite attached to the integrity and allegience to those who 'butter his bread'.


    The contribution I wasn't aware of.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 4:08 PM GMT
    He works for a constituency, not his own beliefs, no matter how firmly held.
  • HndsmKansan

    Posts: 16311

    Nov 16, 2009 4:10 PM GMT
    I must say I have lost much faith and respect for good old Joe Lieberman since 2000 when he served as Al Gore's running mate. I would prefer that he fade away....
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 5:31 PM GMT
    McGay saidHe works for a constituency, not his own beliefs, no matter how firmly held.


    Bingo. Something these asshats in DC could use a good reminding of.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 5:38 PM GMT
    2012 seems so far away sometimes.

    I am sure he will appreciate all the insurance corp money into his war chest, but there are a lot of families in his state that need reform. His approval rating has collapsed since March and his negatives are way up.

    Jerkwad.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 5:52 PM GMT
    The Bill is bad and should be voted down. Fix the problem for the 10% who really have no options and leave the other 90% alone. On Joe he always seems to vote what he believes is best. He's not my Senator but he seems to tell it like it is.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 16, 2009 6:10 PM GMT
    robb9591 saidFix the problem for the 10% who really have no options and leave the other 90% alone.


    fail. The provision of health care in the USA is broken. It needs REAL interstate competition for something tolerable to emerge, or a single payer system not the spineless compromise that seems to be the option.
  • jarhead5536

    Posts: 1348

    Nov 16, 2009 6:15 PM GMT
    LIEberman has every right to vote his conscience or represent the views of his constituents. I just don't think he should remain in the Democratic caucus. His presence gives us a false sense of the size of our majority, and we would be better off not counting him among the "60." Hell, those nice ladies from Maine are more progressive than he is...
  • jarhead5536

    Posts: 1348

    Nov 16, 2009 6:17 PM GMT
    Blondizgd said
    realifedad said
    Blondizgd saidI've met him in person. He is a little weasel. It would not surprise me any.

    But if he is vetoing because of solid held beliefs then he should. One should always go with one's integrity
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Don't forget that he's the recipient of around 2 million of funding from Insurance interests. I'm sure he's quite attached to the integrity and allegience to those who 'butter his bread'.


    The contribution I wasn't aware of.


    His obligations to insurance industry interests pale in comparison to those of the Finance Committee Chairman himself, my own Senator, Max Baucus. Conflict of interest, anyone?
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 17, 2009 3:31 AM GMT
    [quote][cite]Lostboy said[/cite]
    saidFix the problem for the 10% who really have no options and leave the other 90% alone.


    fail. The provision of health care in the USA is broken. It needs REAL interstate competition for something tolerable to emerge, or a single payer system not the spineless compromise that seems to be the option. [/quot


    I understand... My nephew got diabetes at age 4... he will never be able to get health care to cover him as it is defined today and he had nothing in it. Not his fault, not bad life choices, and yet he will always need to worry about losing coverage and not finding a company to cover him.. This must be fixed. My problem is I feel that those we want to help will get hurt the worst under a new government plan. Just today I spoke with a friend on the Hill and the deals are running deep to get it passed and no one can tell you what this bill will provide when the smokes has cleared. Obama has sent the message he will take anything with Health Care Bill for a title so I bet he gets one.

    I'm healthy and have resources so a government plan will have little to no impact on me but I believe those in the system with few options will find even less once the government controls all of it.





  • coolarmydude

    Posts: 9190

    Nov 17, 2009 3:35 AM GMT
    All things considered, Connecticut is the home of insurance companies. Imagine that!
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 17, 2009 3:35 AM GMT
    southbeach1500 saidWay to go, Joe!

    Thank goodness he is willing to stand up and stop this disastrous plan.


    So sweet the sorrow of defeated democrats. I hope Joe pulls this off..... its so funny that the right wing still shapes policy at every turn, even with the Messiah as commander-in-chief.
  • Posted by a hidden member.
    Log in to view his profile

    Nov 17, 2009 10:35 PM GMT
    HndsmKansan saidI must say I have lost much faith and respect for good old Joe Lieberman since 2000 when he served as Al Gore's running mate. I would prefer that he fade away....


    Considering he bit his own campaign in the ass by suggesting that even absentee ballots should be counted if they were not signed or sent after the date after his lawyers advised them not to out there and say or support that... yeah DUMB ASS! You should watch the HBO movie "Recount". That is just the beginning of my bone-picking with Joe.