Here's a video on how to make it.http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/sandra's-mulled-wine/24288.html
or try this:
SERVES 8 (change servings and units)
1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
1 cup orange juice
1 orange, zest of, cut into chunks
2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
10 whole cloves, lightly crushed
10 whole cardamom pods, lightly crushed
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sliced candied ginger
1/2 cup blanched almond, toasted
1 (750 ml) bottle port wine
2 cups brandy
1/2 cup sugar
8 orange slices
1. Place wine, orange juice, orange peel, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cranberries, ginger and almonds in a large saucepan and cook gently 1/2 hour.
2. Add the port and heat thoroughly but do not boil. If mixture comes to the boil the alcohol will evaporate.
3. Combine sugar with 1/2 cup of the brandy in a large saucepan. Warm it gently to dissolve the sugar. Add mixture to the wine.
4. Just before serving strain into a clean saucepan and heat gently. Stir in remaining brandy.
5. Serve in large wine glasses or mugs with orange slices.