Jan 04, 2010 11:23 PM GMT
Often this is a difficult distinction to make, for the reasons below:
1. You work very odd hours.
2. You are paid a lot of money to keep your customers happy.
3. You are paid well but your boss gets most of the money.
4. You get paid by the hour but your time can be extended for the right price.
5. You are proud of what you do.
6. Your customers always wants to know how much you charge and what they get for the money.
7. Your boss drives nice cars like Mercedes or BMWs.
8. When you leave to go see a client, you look great, but return looking like hell (compare your appearance on Monday AM to Friday PM).
9. You are rated on your "performance".
10. Even though you get paid the big bucks, it's the customer who walks away smiling.
11. The boss always thinks your pay is higher than it actually is, and in turn, expects miracles from you.
12. Every day you wake up and tell yourself, "I'm not going to be doing this stuff the rest of my life."